“Great night out”
Review of Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn
Ranked #445 of 871 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Been using this Restaurant for a Carvery on many occasions. The food is superb, very nicely presented and a very good choice from fish, to various meat or vegetarian dishes, 3 choices of meat,i.e. Turkey, Beef, Gammon, nice selection of fresh vegetables. Delicious desserts etc. The staff are second to none, very pleasant and polite and you actually receive that personal attention. Nothing is too much trouble. It is always a pleasure to go to the Carvery at the Holiday Inn, Norwich Airport. Would highly recommend going and why not join the Diners Club and take advantage of their great offers and benefits.
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Visited here specifically as the local hotel school from Norwich were "taking over" for a couple of days. The reception and meal were really good, it was interesting to watch the hotel staff and how they approached this and the results were great. Clearly the normal staff were happy to see standards maintained and were there in the background, but if the students standards are anywhere near the hotels normal then this is a good night out. The function room is large, but not to big as to feel lost in it. The bar, reception and toilets are all kept to a high standard for a holiday inn and I would happily return for an evening meal again.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This year was the 2nd year running I've been here for a Christmas night out with family friends etc. This year we had dinner and went to the 60's rock and roll night. If you are wondering where to have an xmas night out or works party etc you would find this hard to beat. BUT. Book as soon as possible as it is very popular. The meal and drinks were pre ordered per person for the table so about £30 pp I don't drink so I didn't bother with that part my wife makes up for me but never knows what she wants until she wants it so the bar is still available. As the night goes on the individual parties (tables) somehow get together a a great time and new friends are made. Ofcourse as any party you will get the dancing on tables and some drunk girls dancing on the bar and the fun part some of your work buddies will shock you by letting down their normal defences. But what the heck book it you will love it. I noticed young 18 + to older more wise couples of at least 80 and everyone inbetween. I noticed lots of table with ladies only. several in fact. we've already booked for next year. My wife came this year and got me to book a seperate night for just the two of us as well as the main night. Enjoy

1  Thank Frank R
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We are holding a big weekend conference in March this year involving informal dining and Banquet & Ball.
We have a multi choice menu for the Banquet & Ball so were asked if we would like to have a "meal test".
It is a hard job but someone has to do it!! All I can say is that both starters, all three mains and two deserts can to the table, plated, looking really good and tasting even better. Often when a vegiterian option is given I feel sorry for my veggie friends. In this incidence the vegie option was so good my wife changed her choice from the chicken to the veggie option.
We look forward to enjoying this again in March.

1  Thank derek_snelling
Reviewed 4 February 2013

A friends Hen do was the reason for my visit to this hotel/restaurant on a 'Grease' Theme night.
Sadly it was a real disappointment.
Food: Very school dinnerish, lacking in any kind of flavour, and my vegetables looked as if they were last weeks reheated! One redeeming element was a beautifully presented desert of mixed chocolate mousse, slightly rich in taste for me but that's personal taste.
Drinks: I nearly died when a vodka diet cola, tomato juice and straight malibu came to £9.95 (they were not doubles!!)
Atmosphere: Sadly whilst a pleasant enough room with potential, there was no real atmosphere, it was very hot, very bright and no music of any sort until 9.45, bearing in mind most people had been here since 7pmish its just too long ... I gave up shortly after 10pm and whilst at 9.45 music and dancing had begun, there was still no sign of 'Grease'
I could just have been unlucky with this particular theme night, perhaps too they are just 'not my thing', but unless I have a win on the lottery to cover the cost of drinks ;) I doubt I shall be back.

Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 10.45 pm following flight cancellation...was processed through reception very politely and very speedily.

Room was fine, breakfast very good, didn't get the chance to see or do anything else.

Lifesaver though...