“OUR SEPTEMBER NIGHTMARE”
Review of The William IV

The William IV
Ranked #41 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked a double and a single room well in advance of a trip to Norwich. I found that the person who took the booking got my name wrong, even though it was on the cheque I sent, my email address, even though I emailed them. Consequently when we turned up for the 4 night break we had booked, there was no room for us at the Inn, we had been double booked. The lame excuse was they had tried to contact us. With nowhere to stay, we were forced into trailing the streets of Norwich. We do not have a good word to say about our experience at The William IV or of Mr & Mrs Stolady

Room Tip: Not able to give a tip
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 July 2013

my husband had a groupon voucher for x2 burger meals and drinks, have to say that the burgers were lovely, homemade nice thick and juicy came with salad, chips and onion rings. Staff very welcoming and friendly, lovely outdoor seating area which is where we sat to have our lunch. I would definately recommend to friends and family as not far from norwich city centre, lovely atmosphere and great food what more could you ask for !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarayah G
Reviewed 6 July 2013

MY partner and I Went to this pub with GROUPON VOUCHER ,Didn't know what to expect etc!!!
WELL ,Burgers where awesome the flavours A1, Food was well cooked and staff good,Huge selection on menu. This meal was a bargain for the price we paid with groupon voucher.

( burger meal for 2 with chips onion rings salad etc , also a pint of beer each total £12 .00 ).
look out for future vouchers?? I will !!!, Hope this is helpful to others!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RICHARD A
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Very nice rooms in guest house behind the pub. I stayed in very spacious double room, well decorated and clean, with kettle, iron and ironing board, great for taking the packing creases out of my Special Occasion outfit ready for the Saturday. Plenty of hanging and drawer space, plus a workstation for your lap-top.
Dined in the pub on Friday night - tasty and very reasonably priced bar meals, and Adnams on pump. Was neither hassled nor ignored as a single lady, owners efficient and friendly throughout. Breakfast next day (included in price) was great too, and you can say in advance what time you want it. Cooked to order and without delay, which was important as I had to get to the Cathedral in good time.
Consider a taxi if the uphill walk from the station (5 mins on the flat, then 10 mins uphill) is a problem, but it was actually quite pleasant and peaceful in spite of the rain. The 15 min stroll down to the Cathedral, via Rosary Road, Riverside Road and Bishop's bridge, is much more gentle.

Given the inn's good value and warm welcome, and very reasonable off peak online rail fares from London-Norwich, I'm tempted to come again and spend a weekend sightseeing in a very beautiful old city. Birdwatchers can also enjoy looking at the Cathedral's resident Peregrine falcons through the telescopes set up in the Cathedral close.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Judy P
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stopped here for one night last week. Given the family room on the top floor which had a double and 3 single beds to choose from.... For the very cheap cost, the grrom was great with all the usual bits and pieces plus free wifi.

Food served in the bar. It was cheap and not bad quality. . . . .large portions too. This was also the case with breakfast, and a full English here will truly set you up for the day, however big your appetite is. The bar has a couple of beers on handpump plus plenty of seating indoors and out.

Id definitely stay here again if working in the Norwich area

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sowie
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Had an overnight stay in Norwich and wasn't too keen on paying £100 a room (or whatever the Travelodge was charging in the city centre). The William IV was a lot cheaper (and included a full English breakfast).
Rooms were very clean and had fridge, tv, kettle, iron, etc. Very large bathroom with a decent shower. No complaints at all about this place.
It's part of a pub, so I suppose it's possible it could be noisy at times if you are wanting an early night. However, we were out until the early hours, came back and had a decent night sleep, no noise at all. We were here as part of a stag do (3 of us stayed here, the others stayed in the centre at a much higher cost) and it was perfect for a place to sleep for the night without breaking the bank.
It's a bit of a walk from the city centre (going downhill fine, but quite steep up the hill on the way back), but it's not far from the station.

The lady that runs it was very friendly and helpful. If I was staying in Norwich again I would definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RobbieA
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Pub with b&b on side. Had to go into pub to get keys, everyone friendly in the pub, did notice they do food and on Tuesdays, curry night, £6 eat as much as you like, rest of menu looked good value too. I was in room 2. Big twin room, nice and clean, big tele, tea n coffee. Now for the shower. Very very very powerfull and red hot if you want it that way.. This place is a winner all round for me. Plenty of parking, pub if you want a drink, food if you want food, nice rooms and a cracking shower. What more could you want. This is not a top of the range b&b and it doesn't pretend to be. But for the price you pay it's a lot better than some of the dives I've walked out of in norwich, and I could name a few.

Room Tip: Would imagine they will all be good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business