“Just don't...”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Just don't...”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Foul tasting food - Calamari, which somehow managed to taste powdery, with a slimy consistency. Grisly meat, the chicken and sweetcorn soup tasted like metal, all the food barely warm and the profiteroles tasted like oil...Absolutely disgusting food; the worst meal we have ever had.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank dawsoneleanor

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to Merge since my last unpleasant visit so am not sure if the staff still works there or not.
So, I was ordering drinks for my boyfriend and myself. I ordered still water and he gave me a glass of tap water. So I said "no. I meant bottled still water". Guess what he said. "That's called mineral water and the tap water is still water" with a very annoyed facial expression. The way he was saying was 'you're stupid'. He wasn't even from the UK. He was FOREIGN and told me off that I was wrong! His rudeness ruined my night and I decided not to go to Merge ever again.
Food is not great anyway. I've tried many Asian dishes as I travel a lot but all of the dishes there just taste like Chinese. Even though they say like 'this dish is Korean, this dish is Japanese..' they're not.

1 Thank Sam K
Sea Palling, United Kingdom
“"VERY DISAPPOINTED"”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Not impressed at all, Japanese section was empty, starters were OK all i can say there, but the main dishes section were not hot, half were empty and several looked dried up. The deserts were the only thing that i and my famly enjoyed. As for the service staff took my husbands plate whilst he was still eating, others were texting rather than serving, bar was full of dirty glasses, worst of all i male member of staff was wiping his nose on his shirt sleeve. Wont be going back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
“Will be back again soon”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Read some reviews in this place and wasn't gonna try it but we did and I am so glad we did!! The food is amazing but yet quite cheap. They don't hassle u to get more drinks like other buffet places do. Will defo be back again!!

• Visited February 2014
Suffolk
“Enjoyable and pleasant evening meal.”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had plannned a trip to Norwich to the Theatre Royal, my partner had been to Merge in the past and enjoyed it, however it was new to me, after reading the reviews on here I was a little anxious.

Its a large building possibly a bit out of town for some, and was very quiet for a Sunday evening, which was a shame as the staff were very obliging and there was a wide range of food on offer, it seemed hot enough and there was a lady busy replenishing the selections,

The place was clean and presentable, we both enjoyed ourselves at Merge and would certainly go back again on a future Norwich visit.

• Visited March 2014