“APPALLING ATTITUDE AND FOOD”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Merge - CLOSED

Merge
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Diss, United Kingdom
“APPALLING ATTITUDE AND FOOD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visited the restaurant yesterday and as you walk in it clearly has signs that they serve Chinese,Japanese, Asian food. I paid for two lunches and went straight to the buffet. There were lots of empty dishes that weren't being refilled even on requests. The food that was there looked like it had come out of boxes and didn't look good at all. It all sat in very gooey orange looking sauces. Some food looked so dried up that you knew it wouldn't be pleasant.There was no Japanese food and when I asked they said that they didn't serve this lunch times and I then asked for some Roast Duck and received the same answer. I decided that There was nothing there that remotly looked palatable and as we came in for Japanese in particular I would get a refund.
I went back to the guy that had just taken my money, all within 5 minutes of being there & asked for a refund to which I had a flat NO. No explanation but just NO! I asked for the Manager and apparently she hadn't turned up for work! I asked again for a refund and got another NO! Then I was asked how long had I been there? I told him he had just taken my money so no more that 5 minutes. He accused of already eating there and trying to con them!! I asked again calmly for a refund and he asked why!! I explained that they were not serving Japanese food which is what we would have liked and was asked why didn't I ask if they had Japanese when I paid my money!The signs are so apparent I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The young man was so rude and arrogant it beggars belief how he is still in the job. He thought the whole thing was very funny judging by the smirk on his face and so I then told him I worked for trading standards and quoted him the consumers act. With that I was told curtly to follow him to the till and he begrudgingly paid me back. Terrible experience I will never go back again and would advise you all that there are better Asian buffets in the city.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank JAJ07

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

A wonderful atmosphere, great choice of food starters mains and desserts, friendly staff. Have been to Merge before and will certainly be coming again. Happy to recommend to anyone.

2 Thank EnvoyIan
Norwich
“All you can eat Chinese Buffet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We love going to Merge, the atmosphere is very relaxed and there's no waiting for ages after ordering food because it's there waiting when you're ready. Evenings have more choice and we've tried lots of different things which we would never have ordered and tried at another type of restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank JulesB23
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Better than expected! Singer was a bit depressing though.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

16.05.14 - 7.30pm
After reading some of the reviews some of the party were less than keen to eat here, but everyone was pleasantly suprised by the helpful, friendly staff and the quality of the food on offer.

Four of our party are actively involved in food hygiene within the company who's works do it was.
We all agreed that for the price we paid the meal represented great value for money, the food was hot, all the selection plates were regulaly topped up and were checked by a senior lady who was monitoring them, there was a sign explaining that if you couldn't see what you wanted that they would get it for you, and I believe they would.
The sushi was freshly prepared and very nice.
There was a bit of a language barrier with some staff but they remained good humoured, patient and helpful.

Better with a group of friends of family and not a quiet intimate dinner.

The reviews for this restaurant are quite mixed but I take as I find, and I found quite a pleasant evening.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank George C
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Disgusting service, cold food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My partner and I went on Sat 10th May. We ordered a Pepsi and a pint of stella which were both extremely flat and watered down. When we asked for a replacement to Chinese lady on the bar was VERY rude to us. The food.. well firstly it's cold. The meat is rubbery and over cooked, probably reheated 3/4 times. The tables were dirty, there was bits of food all over the floor. We were not happy at all and left after eating 1/2 a plateful of food.

• Visited May 2014