“A great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The hotels in the Norwich airport area are overpriced and so I looked for a cheaper option and found a very positive review for Copperfields and thought that I would give it a try. That was back in December 11 and i was very pleased that I took the chance as Roger and Pam are wonderful hosts, my room was clean, warm and quiet with views out on to a well kept garden (look out for the statues). Pam also cooks a very good English breakfast and even the toast is made with very tasty bread. I have stayed several times since and whenever I go to Norwich in the future this will be my first choice of accommodation. Give it a try and you will not be disappointed.
Dennis U

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 2 each time which is at the back of the property away from the road and I never hea...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dennis U
RogerColdham, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Dennis.
Many thanks for your review on Tripadvisor. We enjoy your company when you come to stay
Sincerely. Roger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
london
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Having stayed at other guest houses in norwich and not being satisfied,I came across "copperfields" on the internet,as it was in the area close to friends that i come up to visit i took a chance and booked in,my first experience was such that i wouldnt stay anywhere else now,i visit on a regular basis and have got to know pam and roger really well over the last two years, they always take good care of me, the breakfast is a real luxury that i especially enjoy, the rooms are warm,clean, and comfortable,with en-suite,tv and tea and coffee making facilities in all rooms.
I would highly reccommend it to anyone considering a stay in norwich,you will visit as a guest and leave as a friend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank linda m
RogerColdham, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Linda,
Thank you so much for your lovely review you gave us on Tripadvisor. Your words were very touching. We are looking forward to your next visit
Sincerely Pam and Roger.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We visited Norwich last week and stayed at copperfields and really enjoyed our stay.. We found Pam and roger very helpful with thier knowlege of the surrounding areas. The room was very clean and the cooked breakfast was yummy!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank George B
RogerColdham, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear George.
Thank you so much for your review of Copperfields. It is very important to us that our guests enjoy their stay.
Reigate
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed at the copper fields bed and breakfast in Norwich for just the one night but was pleasantly surprised at the sensible room rates and quality of room and breakfast for the money!

The room took in nice views of the garden and had a nicely colour co-ordinated scheme to it, there was a decent size driveway with ample parking and when I had breakfast I sat in a lovely warm conservatory which was a real sun trap, nice way to start the day.

I got the bus into town from the bus stop which was about 20 metres from the driveway and pulled up right near on returning. I was in Norwich to see friends and the owners didn't have a problem with me coming in at whatever time suited me which I thought was very nice.

When I come back to Norwich again I'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank j_coldham
RogerColdham, Manager at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you so much for your review, Although you only stayed one night we are pleased you were aware of what we are striving to achieve at Copperfields. Many Thanks Pam and Roger
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here and were made to feel very welcome. The room was nicely colour coordinated and we slept well in a very comfy bed. The breakfast was absolutely delicious!

Perfectly situated with a shop just a short walk away and the city close by too.

We will definitely be staying again :)

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Menhennet
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again soon.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our sons and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast well prepared as well as being served in a sunny conservatory. Roger and Pam had plenty of information for us about local history, places to visit and could not have been more helpful. Most definitely I would recommend this guest house if you want to visit East Anglia and have an ideal place to stay. I should add that it is also on a bus route for Norwich an historic and beautiful city.

Room Tip: We rented three of the rooms and they were all good and noise free so its a bit difficult to chose b...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank julian a
Dear Julian,

We thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and the family and telling you about our great city.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Spent six nights at Copperfields. It was warm, comfortable and clean. Roger and Pam were friendly and nothing was too much trouble (Roger will even drive you into Norwich in his own car at no expense!).
I have stayed in hotels and guest houses which charge considerably more but deliver less. At £30 per night, I will definitely go back :-)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank clark g
Dear Clark,

Thank you for your kind of Copperfields. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely Roger and Pam