“Never Again”

Ranked #330 of 856 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At the Showground Table Table we welcome all, weather it be a family get together, meeting friends, a quick stop or business we offer a varied menu of classic, British pub food. To View all our offers or book a table please visit our website. Don't forget to sign up to one of our Tasty Reward cards for even more offers grab a card on your next visit.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I went here with a group of friends for a birthday and a catch up, with 2 babies in tow in the group. We were in a corner which was appreciated as we were out of the way. We ordered drinks and these took around half an hour to arrive. They were only soft drinks. They then forgot my husbands coffee and some hot water to warm a baby's bottle and these then took another 20 minutes and by then we had ordered our food. A few of us ordered the same, steak, which was dry and flavourless and quite fatty. We all had desserts, and the oreo cheesecake was ok, nothing special. When we went to pay, my friend had the wrong amount (by more than £100!) put on his card, and when he tried to get it refunded, it took a good 15 minutes of the staff trying to work it out. We paid cash and when we left the waitress told us we had paid the wrong amount. Eventually she realised the restaurant owed US money rather than the other way around, which we took and left. I wont be going there again, and neither will any of our friends.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a Table Table restaurant situated next door to a Premier Inn. This is not a Michelin starred restaurant so don't expect that kind of thing!
It is however a good value for money restaurant serving pub food. It does that well and all the staff were a credit to the place.
We had an evening meal and breakfast, both were good.
Would have no problem going there again if staying in the area.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We arrived without a reservation and were able to choose where we wanted to sit. The staff were helpful and very friendly. The food portions were plenty and well presented. Overall it was a good evening..only disappointment was to find out on my bill that my drink belonged to the the'bottomless'category..

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We like these restaurants as they are informal and you know what you are getting, good pub grub and friendly service

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The ONLY reason you'd eat here is if you are staying at the Premier Inn, have parked and can't be bothered driving elsewhere. Really ordinary freezer to fryer to plate fare BUT be prepared for an agonising wait for food, drinks, bill... My drink arrived not with my starter but half way through my main. Free refills - you'd have to get the first one! I waited 30 minutes to pay my bill. Eventually went to the bar - no joy. Only when I went to leave and said if you want this to be paid I'll be next door in the hotel did they find a card machine. No idea how they hope to run an operation like this with so few staff. There must be nothing else around (no Harvesters in Norfolk) otherwise it would have closed long ago.