“inedible, uninterested, unapologetic”

Ranked #353 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Showground Table Table we welcome all, weather it be a family get together, meeting friends, a quick stop or business we offer a varied menu of classic, British pub food. To View all our offers or book a table please visit our website. Don't forget to sign up to one of our Tasty Reward cards for even more offers grab a card on your next visit.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

my wife had cod burger, more batter no fish, cold rubbery chips. my son's peas were fowl, my eldest son had mixed grill, the chicken had a hard outside crust, his steak he would not eat as it was not nice, my youngest tried the steak and a few hours later he is feeling ill, the meal was £40 and just not very nice! So i went to the bar to the man who took my order, and he went to get the manager, from his body language and attitude it is clear complaints are common place, I said I wished to complain about the quality of our meal, he said “the Quantity?” I said no the quality, I explained all our issues with our meals, he was totally disinterested and made it clear he did not care, I had not finished, he said he would tell Chris and walked off! Who is Chris? I returned to our table, the Manager walked past us several times, he deliberately avoided to look or engage with us any further, but made it clear he was there, we felt uncomfortable we had said anything and left! I have eaten here before, never has it been so bad, just not sure why they are so keen to serve such poor food, but at least the service matched and they are happy with it!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

After waiting a little while for food and drinks alll meals were fantastic then came dessert I ordered honeycomb sundae and recieveing a cookie dough so I complained then finally recieveing my correct dessert there was no popping candy waitress gave a half hearted apology. The whole 2 hours we were there no smile of the waitress at all. Then came the bill split 3 ways the waiter took the whole payment on 1 card fuming by this point Finally got refund. Will never be returning to this place and will not recommend to anyone. As a chef and waitress myself this was no way good customer service.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I went here with a group of friends for a birthday and a catch up, with 2 babies in tow in the group. We were in a corner which was appreciated as we were out of the way. We ordered drinks and these took around half an hour to arrive. They were only soft drinks. They then forgot my husbands coffee and some hot water to warm a baby's bottle and these then took another 20 minutes and by then we had ordered our food. A few of us ordered the same, steak, which was dry and flavourless and quite fatty. We all had desserts, and the oreo cheesecake was ok, nothing special. When we went to pay, my friend had the wrong amount (by more than £100!) put on his card, and when he tried to get it refunded, it took a good 15 minutes of the staff trying to work it out. We paid cash and when we left the waitress told us we had paid the wrong amount. Eventually she realised the restaurant owed US money rather than the other way around, which we took and left. I wont be going there again, and neither will any of our friends.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a Table Table restaurant situated next door to a Premier Inn. This is not a Michelin starred restaurant so don't expect that kind of thing!
It is however a good value for money restaurant serving pub food. It does that well and all the staff were a credit to the place.
We had an evening meal and breakfast, both were good.
Would have no problem going there again if staying in the area.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We arrived without a reservation and were able to choose where we wanted to sit. The staff were helpful and very friendly. The food portions were plenty and well presented. Overall it was a good evening..only disappointment was to find out on my bill that my drink belonged to the the'bottomless'category..