“Amazing Hospitality”

11 Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #620 of 829 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar 11 has a clear purpose: to provide the kind of relaxed, high quality surroundings found in only the very best bars and eateries. Combining an intimate interior, tactile finishes and some of the best bar dining in the city, we’re sure you’ll agree it’s just the sort of venue Norwich has been waiting for.Downstairs you’ll find a well-stocked, spacious bar and casual dining area, serving an ever-changing menu sourced from local suppliers – all cooked ‘from scratch’ on the premises.Upstairs at 11 – our VIP lounge is on the first floor. Containing a private Champagne Bar, dance floor and terrace, Upstairs at 11 has everything you need for the perfect night out with no compromises.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Hospitality”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I am a very well traveled, seasoned eater and have been to most kinds of bars and restaurants whether it be for functions, nights out or events.
I was told by a trusted friend that when it comes to hospitality Bar 11 really is the current place to be in Norwich' therefore I decided to make contact with them and plan my girlfriends 30th birthday for 18 people on a Saturday night. Having done this, the contact was a lady called Elies, her friendliness, professionalism throughout the journey of booking this special occasion made me feel that all was in good hands, and let me tell you this, it was from the moment I booked ( back in sept) to the time I arrived with my party of 18 on Saturday 10th Nov - Elies absolutely took care of everything, even coming in on her night off to ensure we really were looked after.
In nutshell - fantastic service, fantastic place, superb hospitality and I would recommend anyone to go here if you have a special occasion.
Just a footnote - I'm a catering manager at a 5 star company and I know what good customer service truly is - and Bar 11 absolutely deliver this.
Congratulations to team Bar 11

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dean W

“great burgers”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

it's a bar not really a restaurant. however they have great selection of sandwiches and delicious burgers. if you're going for a few and want to eat afterwards it's a good bet

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good Food but such a bizarre place to eat - like eating in a dirty nightclub”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Went last week for my boyfriends birthday as i'd been planning on taking him since it opened. We rang and booked and on arriving I was a bit shocked to see the previous nice tables and chairs had been replaced by western style bonkets meaning you are sitting very low down and well the whole experience was just weird. Ommittedly it was a friday night but we assumed it was quite a wine bar style place but on sitting down the floor was dirty you could see grime and dirt all round the skirting boards and it looked and felt like a nightclub, which indeed i know it turns into later but then so many other bars carry off the food and drink and thought this was suppose to too. Our waitress was lovely bless her tho and the food was really impressive but we just felt so out of the place and the booming music of rap at 7.45pm in an empty bar with only diners eating was just strange. At one point a group of girls came in (8pm) who were so drunk they couldnt' walk came into the bar and sat and ordered drinks and just were shouting at each other (well drunk loud talking) for those sitting eating we just kept looking at each other but the staff did nothing and the ladies got so loud. At one point one of the girls fell off the high bar stool onto the floor and still nothing was done they weren't asked to leave at all.. It was just all strange. I think it needs to make up its mind really a bar, nightclub, restaurant what do you want to be? I certainly would never go again for food which is a shame as it tasted good but the layout and setting was so horrible. Take a look at all bar one down the road, they get the combo right, its not hard! sorry.

4 Thank holidaybuddy2010
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Very Poor Service & Cold Food”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We waited so long for service I went to the bar to see if that's where they took the orders. Apparently not. The food took so long to arrive at the table, I thought they'd had to kill the cow. When the meals were served, the plates were warm but the food was stone cold. Their excuse was that they had had other tables in. Even if full, there are no that many covers.
This was my first visit to this restaurant and my last. I think they better just stick to making drinks.

4 Thank TwinkyTwinky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing place and amazing service!”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

i had my Hen party here and i must say everything about it was perfect! the staff are lovely and did everything to make sure my night was great! we had a great turn out of people and i couldnt of ask for a better venue! to point out a comment that was posted on the 9th of April by a lisa postel, im sorry but i very much dout they would give you a bottle of Don Perignon for free(what make you so special that they would give you a free bottle)! it sounds like you have a rather large bee in your bonnett, and you must of done something wrong to make him act like that!
everyone that came told us how lovely they thought the venue was and how amazing the food was!

• Visited May 2012