“Christmas treat”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Christmas treat”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

A fabulous Christmas present - my friend and I had a deep tissue massage, scalp massage and mini cleanse and facial. Having never had such a treat I did not know what to expect and was extremely pleased with the treatments. My therapist was great and the facilities were perfect. I live locally so hoping to visit again very soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Relaxing and cosy”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife booked us to have a half-day spa package with 30 minute massage treatment for her birthday. The staff were very friendly and we were offered drinks while we fill in their forms. We waited for our massage treatment for a few minutes at their Relaxation Room which has a very relaxing atmosphere indeed. During our massage treatment, we almost dozed off. We had the Thermal Suite all to ourselves when we were there so we really had a lovely private time at the jacuzzi, steam and sauna rooms. Then we had lunch at their Kitchen - I had their slow cooked confit duck leg which was tasty and delicious and my wife had their carbonara tagliatelle which was quite a large serving. After some more time at the jacuzzi, we spent to have tea and cakes at one of their two Garden Pods which was comfy and cosy. As we check out, we were given a discount voucher for our next visit. We will definitiely be coming back to try their other treatments!

Visited November 2013
Bedfordshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“The jury's out”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My mum and I visited this spa as a gift from some friends. It was a half day 'Enrich' experience at a cost of £190.
Whilst most of our 'experience' was relatively good, there is still some work to be done.
The girls on the reception when we arrived were friendly and welcoming. A good start.
We were shown to the changing room and given a locker each. That was the first 'issue', they are very small. We could not get our coats, clothes, boots, handbag and clothes bag into the slim space provided. Never mind.
A robe, slippers and towel are provided. Unfortunately my towel was wet. Not damp or cold, but wet.....I took it to the reception, who after a short wait, replaced it.
So to the 'facilities'. It is very nicely decorated. The waiting lounge was cosy. We were asked what complementary drinks we would like. We plumped for a hot chocolate and a black coffee. They came quickly and were both good.
We were then asked to select which 60 minute treatment we would like (part of the package). We both went for the African themed full body massage. The treatment time had been pre-allocated and was bang in the middle of our 4 hour session. We would have preferred it towards the end so that we could make full use of the spa first, then have the treatment, relax a bit and leave. We asked if the time could be moved, but it couldn't.
The spa is small. The main area contains an 8 ish person jacuzzi, two steam rooms, some loungers and a shower. However, it was not busy so space was no problem. We did not use the cabins outside in the garden. There is no pool.
We shared a treatment room. It started well but just as we were relaxing and beginning to snooze, a loud noise started in the room below us. I have no idea what is was but maybe we were above the kitchen as it sounded like an electric food mixer. It was really off putting and definitely spoilt the first half of the treatment. I had asked for medium to firm pressure for my massage and my therapist adhered to my request. My mum had requested the same but it was much too firm for her and she was actually in pain afterwards.
After the treatment, which it reality is around 50 minutes, we had another (paid for this time) hot drink in the relaxation room, but then felt as we did not want to go back to the wet area again, we should shower and leave.
Another small gripe was that there is only one toilet and there was no soap in there to wash your hands.
In conclusion, we felt that it was expensive overall and a few niggles need ironing out.

Visited November 2013
Braintree, United Kingdom
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“An Amazing Birthday Treat!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband took me hear as a surprise birthday present and what a wonderful and relaxing experience. Starting with the surroundings and building it's self - beautiful location, impeccably beautiful interior, filled with beautiful smells, tranquil rooms and enchanting outdoor pods. The staff were really friendly and professional and gave us a champagne reception.
We were well looked after there and my husband booked a half day spa package, which including the body exfoliation and moisturiser, food massage and mud treatment. If I was a cat, I would have purred - it was amazing. Then, there was the hydro-pool, the mint shower, salty ice and lavender steam room. It was luxurious to say the least and really enjoyed my time.
Then, we had afternoon tea, which was delicious, with friendly and talented chefs - I was very impressed. I felt very spoilt and well looked after!
I want to go back there already!! I strongly recommend this place.

Visited October 2013
Sheringham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Such a lovely relaxing spa day in beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Wow, what a perfect spa day we had. I booked up with a friend as we both felt we needed to treat ourselves. We arrived and were greeted by really friendly staff, given a glass of bubbly and a lovely afternoon was on the way. It was a gorgeous sunny day and the gardens, and the relaxation pods, alone are beautiful. The Thermal Suite is really nice too. But the best experience of all was undoubtedly the Dry Flotation Bed, it was 30 minutes of bliss.

Visited June 2013