“Cheap but awful food.”

Woolpack
Ranked #454 of 823 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
“Cheap but awful food.”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Don't get me wrong, I like a cheap dinner, but the food here was simply dreadful.

They say that you get what you pay for, but to be honest I still think I was ripped off. I bought the chicken and bacon burger and it came out stone cold. The chips tasted like the Asda smartprice ones, and the bacon tasted like those cheap tinned hotdogs. Needless to say, sometimes it is better to pay the extra...

• Visited May 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Woolpack, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Seanius111,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Woolpack in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

John Barras

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Friday night bite to eat”
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Friday on spec after work, pub was very busy but didn't take long to get served to place our order, group of five of us. Food was well priced came quickly and tasted really nice.

Staff were friendly, and enjoyed talking to customers creating a good atmosphere, we ended up staying for a couple of hours and making a bit of a night of it.

Overall exceeded my expectations especially when the place looked so busy, but would definitely visit again.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Popular Pub”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Friday lunch and we found this friendly,busy pub in Norwich much to our delight. This establishment is part of the John Barras companies. Our first time in one of their pubs but hopefully not the last if all are as good as this one. We had two main meals, I had Gammon, Chips, Peas, Tomato and Egg, the Gammon was thick and not salty. My wife had Scampy and chips served with a side salad,there were eight pieces of Scampy which were of a decent size. Both meals were beautifully cooked, well presented and enjoyed. We had a pint of beer and a lime and lemon along with the meal, the cost was under £20 and really great value for money.

• Visited September 2012
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via Local Picks

Two meals for a tenner, can't beat it and the food is good and plentiful. Friendly staff, very pleasant atmosphere.

Southport, United Kingdom
“Very good meal”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Visiting Norwich overnight and found this pub after visiting the cinema. My husband and I had a very good meal. Two meals for a tenner, excellent value and well worth a visit.
So if you want a good meal at a reasonable price then this is the place for you.

• Visited February 2012