“Good, Friendly Service, Good Meal Deal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Little Chef
Ranked #605 of 812 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
north yorkshire
“Good, Friendly Service, Good Meal Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stopped off here, at services with neighbouring Travel Lodge, quite quiet but this I would prefer, very attentative upon arrival and shown to a table, ordered fish & chips which was on offer at just a fiver! Food came very quickly (or I was too engrossed in my Iphone!), good quality food, well prepared, bargain tea time value at less than £10 for the meal & drink plus free wi-fi! It's not Gordon Ramsey's restaurant but Little Chef isn't trying to be, but to review what is it for I found it very good all round, would use again.

• Visited February 2013

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good breakfast at Little Chef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I was surprised how good the breakfast was at Little Chef. We were a party of 6 and had a wide variety of food. There wer no complaints from anyone. The food was good and well served. I will use Little Chefs again if this is an example of the brand.

• Visited November 2012
Norfolk
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Served by Anthony and Claire and the service was fantastic. Greeted as we entered. Quick to take the order, if slightly forgetful, but did ask. Not a problem for me. Quick to get the food.
Not a lot of people in there to be fair, but that hasn't stopped other Little Chef's from taking forever to serve or deliver food.
Claire was bright and breezy when greeting other people coming in.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank bigbak
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Cold inside. Awful service. Never go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I made the unfortunate mistake of stopping at the Little Chef at Thickthorn Services, on Sunday 28th October. It has never been particularly good with its customer service, but this experience surpassed all the other bad experiences.

When we got there, it was freezing cold inside. Two staff ignored us standing waiting to be seated. We were eventually shown to a table which was dirty, and the waitress went off to get a cloth to wipe it. All she did was wipe the crumbs onto the floor, instead of collecting them and disposing of them in the bin!

We ordered one pot of breakfast tea, one pot of decaffeinated tea, one toasted teacake with butter and jam and a bacon butty. After 10 minutes, the chef called to the waitress who had taken our order, and asked what our order was. She had spent all that time talking to some people at another table who were making a complaint to her. A different waitress came with the pots of tea, and I quote "I think that's the decaffeinated one, I'm not sure"!!! This really wasn't good enough!! My daughter is not allowed caffeine at the moment. Luckily, I can tell the difference so I was able to taste and give her the correct pot. When the food came, it was OK, although I did have to remind the waitress that I asked for jam and not marmalade. When trying to pay the bill, my daughter's bill for her refreshments was £5.48 and she gave the waitress £10.50. The waitress tried to give her back the 50p, saying that she couldn't work out how much change to give her!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Traditional road side diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

As I was staying in the Travelodge next door I came in to the Little Chef for one of their famous all day breakfasts. It seems to me the prices have come down a lot and are now extremely good value for money. Hot, tasty cooked breakfast serviced quickly in a good atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012