“Consistently Bad.”

Ranked #196 of 829 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A great JD Wetherspoon pub in Norwich city centre. Welcomes families up till 9pm everyday. Our beer garden is perfect for summer food and drinks.
“Consistently Bad.”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I popped in here for something to eat after watching the football in town.

I'll be honest, we had eaten here before and it was dreadful. We had a mixed grill about 6 months before and it was probably the worst meal I had ever been served.

So we thought we would give it another go. Needless to say, it was a poor decision. We both had surf and turf, if you can call it that. My steak was supposed to be rare but was chewy?! Also, the scampi was so badly cooked that it was actually hard. The garlic bread turned up late as the staff had 'forgotten' and were 'having a bad day'. Not exactly reassuring. The peas were cold and there were no mushrooms as advertised.

I am 23 and eat pretty much anything after a beer but this was truly revolting. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place to have a drink, but I would avoid eating here at all costs.

Norwich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“scrumpy”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

the food was top nosh so fresh went down a treat also had an ale it taste liked its kept well. the staff were very welcoming when i vist norwich next time will defo return with my family and have another slap up meal

Huddersfield
“Typical wether spoons”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Very typical wether spoons. You get what you pay for, and we like getting a drink thrown in. Had fish Friday, the fish was really very nice, peas decent and chips ok. Very good value when you take into account the drink included.

Visited December 2013
England
“Never again”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My second time in Norwich and my first time in this wetherspoon. I wanted a quick lunch and cup of tea. Found a table quickly so I put a document on it to 'reserve' - thought nothing of it until it took 20 minutes to be served!!!! Table was gone by this time along with the document. Food average as expected by wetherspoon. I worked in wetherspoon in the past so I know what it is like when it is busy but this pub wasn't even busy. I dread to think what it is like in peak time. I will never visit again.

• Visited December 2013
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Won't be eating there again”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Went with family to the restaurant as seemed okay and food looked good when using the bar previously. Very disappointed as my food was like warm, daughters food looked a mess like it was thrown on the plate and my other half ordered an egg salad that came with no egg, when we asked about this the response we got was we run out of eggs. Didn't bother to tell us as didn't think it mattered. Another place I won't use again for food.

2 Thank jc1210