“Amazing value”

Ranked #198 of 843 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great JD Wetherspoon pub in Norwich city centre. Welcomes families up till 9pm everyday. Our beer garden is perfect for summer food and drinks.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went in here to get out of the rain and, as it was lunchtime, decided to have something to eat.
OK, this isn't fine dining however this place provides excellent value for money. I couldn't believe that we ordered two main meals and they only came to 6.99! The service was generally OK, although a couple of the staff were very friendly.

There are newer reviews for The Glass House

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I popped in here for something to eat after watching the football in town.

I'll be honest, we had eaten here before and it was dreadful. We had a mixed grill about 6 months before and it was probably the worst meal I had ever been served.

So we thought we would give it another go. Needless to say, it was a poor decision. We both had surf and turf, if you can call it that. My steak was supposed to be rare but was chewy?! Also, the scampi was so badly cooked that it was actually hard. The garlic bread turned up late as the staff had 'forgotten' and were 'having a bad day'. Not exactly reassuring. The peas were cold and there were no mushrooms as advertised.

I am 23 and eat pretty much anything after a beer but this was truly revolting. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place to have a drink, but I would avoid eating here at all costs.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

the food was top nosh so fresh went down a treat also had an ale it taste liked its kept well. the staff were very welcoming when i vist norwich next time will defo return with my family and have another slap up meal

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very typical wether spoons. You get what you pay for, and we like getting a drink thrown in. Had fish Friday, the fish was really very nice, peas decent and chips ok. Very good value when you take into account the drink included.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My second time in Norwich and my first time in this wetherspoon. I wanted a quick lunch and cup of tea. Found a table quickly so I put a document on it to 'reserve' - thought nothing of it until it took 20 minutes to be served!!!! Table was gone by this time along with the document. Food average as expected by wetherspoon. I worked in wetherspoon in the past so I know what it is like when it is busy but this pub wasn't even busy. I dread to think what it is like in peak time. I will never visit again.