“Incompetent Rude Staff .. Never Again”
Review of The Glass House

The Glass House
Ranked #189 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great JD Wetherspoon pub in Norwich city centre. Welcomes families up till 9pm everyday. Our beer garden is perfect for summer food and drinks.
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Worst meal I've ever had asked for 2 spiced coated prawns as a side which the food runner told was it run out after 10 mins asked if we would like chicken strips instead we said we don't mind .. So we got 1 portion when we Asked as a starter and then we said we paid for 2 so we got
Another portion 10 mins later still as a starter .. And after 1 hour and 5 mins to be exact we got out main meal which was half burnt .. Inbetween that time she just walked passed us saying will be a little longer, will be a minute not asking if it's okay that would be longer .. When the mains arrived no one asked if its everything okay .. Just quickly dropped at the table and ran off .. I'm not the type to complain I'm a waiter my self and my mum is a chef but the quality of service was terrifying and the food quality from 1-10 .. 0 I used to be a regular here .. Not after this episode ..

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went in here to get out of the rain and, as it was lunchtime, decided to have something to eat.
OK, this isn't fine dining however this place provides excellent value for money. I couldn't believe that we ordered two main meals and they only came to 6.99! The service was generally OK, although a couple of the staff were very friendly.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I popped in here for something to eat after watching the football in town.

I'll be honest, we had eaten here before and it was dreadful. We had a mixed grill about 6 months before and it was probably the worst meal I had ever been served.

So we thought we would give it another go. Needless to say, it was a poor decision. We both had surf and turf, if you can call it that. My steak was supposed to be rare but was chewy?! Also, the scampi was so badly cooked that it was actually hard. The garlic bread turned up late as the staff had 'forgotten' and were 'having a bad day'. Not exactly reassuring. The peas were cold and there were no mushrooms as advertised.

I am 23 and eat pretty much anything after a beer but this was truly revolting. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place to have a drink, but I would avoid eating here at all costs.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

the food was top nosh so fresh went down a treat also had an ale it taste liked its kept well. the staff were very welcoming when i vist norwich next time will defo return with my family and have another slap up meal

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very typical wether spoons. You get what you pay for, and we like getting a drink thrown in. Had fish Friday, the fish was really very nice, peas decent and chips ok. Very good value when you take into account the drink included.