“Excellent cafe”

Ranked #293 of 833 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Cafe
“Excellent cafe”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Nice ambience, friendly staff and delicious cakes! What more could you ask?! Also reasonable prices for the quality. Highly recommended.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great Little Cafe - although a simple improvement would go a long way.”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Tasty and good quality food served in an eclectic but cosy surrounding. Never been disappointed with the food and the drinks are great. Also the cakes are pretty tasty too! A firm favourite is the after eight hot chocolate.
Loses a point as it's at the pricey end of the value scale and another point for the lack of baby changing facilities. The toilet floor is not an acceptable answer when someone asks for somewhere to change their baby...

• Visited January 2014
Rex72, Owner at Expresso Cafe, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi James

I'm really glad that you are enjoying our food and ambiance and I very much appreciate your constructive comments about the lack of baby changing facilities. I will look into this again and consider how we can accommodate this in our lavatory.

Kind regards
Roland Schreiber
Owner
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cafe & outside catering”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I've enjoyed a coffee and pastry at this wonderful Norwich cafe a number times and also used their outside catering service for my wedding reception. The Expresso team did an amazing job for us. Everything was beyond my expectations, right from the planning and tasting session up front, to the equipment hire and the food on the night which was simply superb (the slow roasted shoulder of lamb was a revelation!). If you're looking for outside caterers in the Norwich area, then Expresso is really the only choice in my experience.

• Visited September 2013
Norwich
“Last knockings, but still great”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Popped in here for a cup of tea after our punt, the girl serving said they were closing in 15 mins (so warned us), we dedcided to stay anyway, think she was a bit miffed. Had a cup of tea each which was fresh and clear and refreshing - do you know what I mean by a good cup of tea, served in a cup, no teapot. Shared a piece of ginger cake (as last one) - ginger syrup filling and lemon icing which was heavenly gorgeous, will be going back for a piece of my own. I cleared the table and thanked the girl who was a bit more pleasant then.

• Visited August 2013
Southwold, United Kingdom
“A trip to Norwich would not be complete without a visit to Expresso!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Like a previous reviewer I cannot think why I have never written a review for our favourite coffee and lunch spot in Norwich. We have been here so many times and have never been disappointed. The coffee is superb and the Cajun Chicken rolls are delicious. The side salad is always fresh, crisp and served with a wonderful dressing. Fabulous atmosphere and very friendly service completes the experience. Those we know, who go to Norwich regularly, agree that this is a must for lunch or just a mid morning coffee - try it yourself!!

• Visited August 2013