“Great service ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Best Indian restaurant in Norwich. Superb service and lovely venue. Comfortably spacious seating, great menu and vibrant atmosphere. Perfect for large parties.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I've dined here and had takeaway countless times. I'm rarely (if ever) disappointed. Modern curry house with plush feel to it. Food is top notch. Lamb Dansak with Mushroom rice is my go to.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

My favourite curry house in Norwich. Excellent service, a great variety of dishes, well presented and delicious.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

I took my team to the Merchants of Spice for our work Christmas meal. There were 10 of us and we’d booked months ago. We asked if they had made any provisions for Xmas meals and were told no, so we took our own crackers and were taken upstairs to a grotty room.

We took our seats and were waiting for one of my team but the staff seemed to want to rush us to order. We ordered and food arrived. It was average at best - I had prawn puri and the balance of prawn to puri was decidedly low.

Mains arrived quickly but again service was poor, red hot plates and dishes passed to people with no warnings and again, no smiles.

I ordered lamb pasanda. The lamb had been pre-cooked and added to the sauce so it was over cooked, dry, tough and flavourless. I ate about 2 pieces. No-one came to check if we were happy until the end of the meal. When I told the waiter about my food and he cut into the lamb at the table before saying he’d tell the chef - this could have been done in the kitchen. No apologies. Nothing.

Then we sat. And sat. And sat. No offers of coffee or dessert. When I asked the waiter and commented that it would be nice to be offered - he said ‘you should’ve asked’ - no smile, he gave us 1 menu between 10 and walked away. Really rude.

We decided not to bother because of his attitude. He took the menu and threw it on another table in a strop.

We asked for the bill which had a service charge included. Needless to say, I asked for it to be removed and asked to speak to the manager. There was no manager to manage my complaint.

So disappointed that what should’ve been a fun Xmas meal was shadowed by below average food and atrocious service. I will not go back and would advise others to avoid - there are many better places in Norwich to get a great Indian with friendly service.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Visiting my son, wanted a quality indian meal, I've got to say this was the best indian food i have had since we were in Rajasthan.
Imaculately presented, real quality ingredients, taste and freshness amazing, what a delight, and reasonably priced too