Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$124
US$77
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$95
US$90
  • Restaurant
US$95
US$92
  • Pool
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$141
US$133
US$177
Wensum Guest House(Norwich)(Great Value!)
US$68
Barnham Broom(Barnham Broom)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$269
All reviewsblack fridayevening mealafternoon teasaturday nightfull englishsashavenueyaretoasterpubsnorfolk
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed for a night in Feb 2014. Room was basic but more than adequate considering what we paid. Comfortable bed and nice and clean. However, I was disappointed with the the food. Both our starters we quite bland and boring. My main course was ok (Sirloin Steak) but my wife's again was below par. And desert was very tasteless and ended up leaving most of it. Staff were good and friendly, but will not hurry back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A disappointing stay. No heating in part of apartment and any complaints dealt with in a very offhand way. The blind in apartment was in a terrible state and it looked as though someone had tried to put their fist through the bedroom door. A fellow traveller complained about their radiator valve being faulty and potentially dangerous but nothing was done. The mattress on the main bed was in poor condition. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just a quick review-

I can't say the stay was all that memorable, the room was clean and as expected, however they do serve excellent food at a low price.

The best service I received throughout my stay was actually by the bar staff, a tall ginger guy in particular. Very friendly and polite, even though he was quite busy. I would revisit when back in Norwich but just for a meal rather than a stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel on a coach trip to the area.
When we all arrived, rather busy as a wedding was going on. And had to almost push our way in.
On entry to my single room very pleased. We went then to the dining room to all have our dinner. No complaints there, the staff were great in getting us all fed and watered to get back out again for a show,
The food to was great.
And there it ended.
On my return to my room which was late.
Showered. In P.Js and into bed.... Then.... The banging started not from other guests but from the radiators.
I turn the knobs this way and that. Got back into bed, after a few minutes it got worse, not only was I so tried and in total shock to the noise thinking other rooms could hear the noise.
After an hour. I dressed and went downstairs to find a night porter.
After wondering though the hotel calling out.
A man showed, sure I woke him.
Told him my problem. Oh! Yea I'll turn it all off it's been playing up for a while.
Well, if they knew that why put anyone in there.
I returned to my room. Changed again, but after that missed out on my sleep as was so wound up.
In the morning I told reception staff but got the feeling, that your leaving so ....
So very mixed report.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sandy2915
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Not our first Christmas away, but the first at Oaklands. From the first warm welcome to our check out, it was superb. We parked the car and took the bus - 10 minutes - into Norwich on Christmas Eve. Our room was good, warm, with good furnishings and a comfortable bed, with an excellent bathroom. We had previously asked about a disabled
room and this hotel has none, nor a lift, so it was a little disappointing in the bathroom to find, just inside the door, a step down, which during the night (for oldies like us) could have been dangerous.
Our package for Christmas included a bottle of fizz, Christmas Eve carvery, and from then on, plentiful food, cooked well and presented. Wine was from £14.50 a bottle. Breakfasts were excellent, a wide range of choices, all meals served by young, enthusiastic and cheerful staff. All the staff deserve a large cheer, many of them young, but so helpful. Our Christmas Day & Boxing Day lunches were served very professionally without any long waits between courses, even though on the 25th there were very large numbers to be catered for. Evening buffets were varied and delicious.
There was no problem with having another key cut for our room. It was mentioned that on Tripadvisor some comments had been made about music from weddings being disturbing, we had none of that and a comfortable nights sleep. There are however on all booking confirmations a paragraph which says music from weddings is stopped at midnight - the weddings themselves are a very good package.
All in all we cannot praise this hotel not its service enough. It's location near to Norwich is ideal, as is its proximity to the River Yare for walks. Well done to everyone for making this an enjoyable time for us. We will be back.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the car park, but was still quiet and comfortable. Windows DID open, unusual!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple