Best Western Plus Oaklands Hotel
US$128
Hotels.com
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
US$196
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$144
  • Pool
US$108
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblack fridayevening mealunderfloor heatingafternoon teasaturday nightfull englishvenuetoasterpubsnorfolk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a night here in a luxury lodge through groupon, wasn't too sure what to expect after reading some reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. First of all lodge was lovely, luckily we had one with a nice view. It had everything we needed and the bathroom was very nice, it had a separate bath and shower, was lovely and clean and even had heated flooring! Then we ate in the restaurant, this was very good no complaints what so ever. Starters were lovely although not to my husband liking he like the simple things! The mains were a big hit for both of us had the 10oz rib eye and it was cooked to perfection medium rare how we like it, lovely home made chunky chips and the side of woodland mushroom sauce was divine. I couldn't even finish my main which was a shame cos it was so good! Breakfast was buffet and had everything you would want and was nice and not greasy either! Very good stay... Don't listen to the moaners!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Okay, so service is fine. This maybe because I'm younger.. But the girls at the front desk were friendly enough, once they'd finished talking about their night out with each other. The printer was broken so she wrote my room details down for me, but apologised which didn't bother me but was nice of her to be courteous.

Rooms are lovely! The bathrooms are so nice, no experience of cold water. And the radiator is at your control, which is a nice bonus to have. Beds are comfortable, furniture is basic but nice, and television adequate. We were in room 8, Great location, no connecting wall to another room, except in the bathroom, so no noise disturbance whatsoever!

Dinner..... Now here is where my experience took a turn for the worst. We had dinner at 8pm, ordered a Red wine... No Rose offered with my deal (Disappointing!).. I ordered the prawn cocktail to start, average, the same as my mum serves it at Christmas. For my main I ordered the sirloin steak (at at £2.00 surcharge from the normal menu)... Oh my word, they need to teach the chef how to cook. I ordered a medium rare.. Well, it came out barely cooked. My boyfriend who is a chef told me he wouldnt even serve that as a blue steak. The waitress apologised and took it back to cook further... After a 5/10 minute wait it was brought back... Still uncooked! It was just about rare. However as my boyfriend had already finished his dinner by this point, I didnt really wan't to send it back AGAIN and eat 20 minutes after him, so I knuckled down. The chips were a poor quality, and grilled tomato of a whole tomato means the middle was raw still, not pleasant.

It is no guess we didn't even bother ordering dessert!

Such a let down on quality.

Breakfast made up for it, with a lot on offer from a warm-plate buffet, and a selection of juices and fruit.

The hotel is nice, WiFi throughout, nicely designed and comfortable. In a nice location, sainsburys was a 15 minute walk to get some snacks to fill myself up on after a barely eaten dinner. Food lets it down.

Wouldn't stay again, unless it was B&B, no dinner.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed in a lodge it was fantastic. The staff were attentive and friendly. The food,both evening meal and breakfast was top quality and tasty,drinks were very reasonable. We will be staying again when next visiting Norwich which is just a 10 min journey away on the bus.

Room Tip: Try a lodge if you can get one
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Booked this hotel via groupon...food is good, restaurant staff lovely, big bed but that is where it ends. Mouldy curtains, walls & windows. No hot water from the shower in the morning. Maybe we were unlucky but will not stay again

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Scott3579
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed Feb 2014. Had a wonderful meal, staff were very attentive, but the room was a big disappointment. Booked directly as I thought I would get a better room than doing the 'groupon' offer, that backfired. If we had been staying more than one night I would have asked to be moved, the list of oddities grew the longer we were there. Here's a few, milk jug on window ledge possibly left from previous guest, no mattress protectors on bed, twin beds together fine if both beds are the same level, and a shower like a watering can,I had to wash my hair using the kettle as a jug.
It looks like a refurbished hotel, but I think they are still working on it.

Room Tip: Ask if a wedding is booked before you decide to stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple