Best Western Plus Oaklands Hotel
Central Hotel(Norwich)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsblack fridayevening mealunderfloor heatingafternoon teasaturday nightfull englishvenuetoasterpubsnorfolk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked a budget price for a two night stay with groupon. Easy to find hotel - receptionist on arrival a little pre- occupied and a little abrupt! We knew we had arrived early but was just having a look around. Had a good day in Norwich and wonderful walk along river Yare - visit Cary's Meadow lovely! We arrived on a Sunday so carvery was really the main on offer. Our deal included a bottle of house wine and two courses. Wine Grand cape Shiraz 14.5% really good and food was excellent - restaurant busy which is good sign. Staff polite and ready to help. Room clean comfortable - premier inn style. Asked for more pillows - no problem. Breakfasts excellent - my husband loves poached eggs and these were just perfect. Good choice of menu both days. Really recommend good value for money

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I would like to say I'm a regular at the Oaklands hotel, but in truth I do not visit as often as I would like!

The Oaklands offers a lovely carvery at an excellent price during the week! Great atmosphere and excellent customer service always delivered, especially the bar men, who even when busy are very polite and efficient. I love to visit the Oaklands and will continue to do so!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Myself and a small party of us attended the oaklands for an afternoon roast on Thursday 16th April. I've been here on many occasions previously for weddings etc but I've never quite experienced the service we did on this occasion. The barman, George was the most friendly, polite and genuine young man and our waitress was equally as great!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Treated to this for a birthday celebration.
Lovely accommodation , peaceful and quiet night sleep,
Dinner very good and breakfast was plentiful and tasty.
I think that the restaurant needs a little updating in decor, so ditch the carpet floor and 1980s tables , make it a little more bistro and then , in my opinion , "you've landed"

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed there for a night. Enjoyable and peaceful stay. Room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Restaurant was nice. Location could be better. Staff very friendly. Excellent sevice. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business