US$125
US$78
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$141
US$97
US$91
  • Restaurant
US$178
US$98
US$92
  • Pool
Wensum Guest House(Norwich)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelocity
Barnham Broom(Barnham Broom)
US$271
US$263
All reviewsblack fridayevening mealafternoon teasaturday nightfull englishsashavenueyaretoasterpubsnorfolk
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here to bring my daughter to UEA. The room smelt of greasy meat and there was a wedding on so the music was playing until the early hours. Kept my daughter awake for ages. Wouldn't recommend it and won't be staying again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathrine c
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We couldn't of asked for a better day, the atmosphere was brilliant and that's all thanks to the Oaklands Team.

Visible teamwork and willing to go the extra mile to ensured a memorable day therefore we would be willing to recommend you to anybody. 10/10 service.

Absolutely everything was perfect!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

If I had selected to pick this place for a wedding venue I would be writing a formal letter of complaint to get my money refunded.

On arrival we went into the bar area and ordered a drink whilst waiting for the ceremony to begin. My husband bought a pint for himself and a Diet Coke for me. It cost him £7.80. £5.05 for a pint and £2.75 for a Diet Coke. My husband used to work in London and said that they were more expensive than London pubs.

We started drinking our drinks and we're told by the member of staff that we were to go into the room where the wedding was taking place but could not take our drinks. Those who had just bought another drink had to leave them in the hope they would be there when they returned from the ceremony............ this was not the case. The bar staff had tipped all the drinks away which led to unhappy guests. After the groom's mum complained, fortunately those who's drinks were thrown did actually then get another drink on the house.

After the ceremony and photographs were taken, we were then directed into a marquee for our meal. We all sat there for about an hour and a half before being served our meal and not once did any member of staff come to the table to do a drinks order, it was up to the guests to go through to the bar and get themselves a drink.

Now to the meal.....

For starters I had the prawn cocktail and so did another guest sitting next to me. On presentation it look ok, but where mine had bread with the starter, the guest sitting next to me didn't, so she asked the waitress why there was no bread with hers. With that the waitress on demand from this manageress (I assume) who was trying to arrange getting the food out barked at this poor waitress and told her to get another one. After a long wait for the food you would have thought it would have been enjoyable........... No!! Prawns were chewy and tasted like they had been defrosted.

Our main meal - Three people on our table had pork and one had the lamb. On presentation, it looked ok but one guest asked where the veg was.... it was under the three slices of meat. If I was the manager of this hotel I would have been embarrassed to have dished this up. The three, tiny new potatoes that were on the plate were that hard we struggled get our knife or fork through it, the broccoli had more stem than floret and one of the other guests on our table who meant to have the same meal ended up having completely different veg to the rest of us.

The best part of the meal was the dessert!! Couldn't really have faulted the chocolate brownie, but I overheard another guest say that they ordered the Eton Mess but it came without any meringue. Whilst other people were still being served the dessert I did notice the so called manageress belittle the waiting staff. They were heading with desserts to one end of the marquee and she shouted "excuse me" at the top of her voice and asked where they were going, one of the waitresses advised they were serving a table down the other end and with that this horrible woman beckoned them back by using her finger and rolled her eyes at them. How rude and how embarrassing for the young waiters and waitresses to be treated like that in front of guests.

After desserts the young waiting staff then started serving tea and coffee. Our table was given tea and when the waiter came round with coffee rather than saying excuse me to the guests who were talking whilst waiting for coffee, the waiter just stood there for a few seconds and then moved on to the next table.

After dinner we waited for speeches, that had a male member of staff who took part as the toast master. In order he introduced the bride, groom, the two best men then left the room. He missed out one of the most important people..... the father of the bride. The bridal party looked quite bewildered that this guy had left and after waiting a few minutes for him to come back (which he didn't) the father of the bride introduced himself.

Later on in the evening we went to order drinks at the bar and apart from one guy being behind there we tried to order a drink in which his response was, I don't work behind the bar. My husband then asked where the bar man was so we could order drinks and the response to that was I don't know. So politely my husband asked if he could go and ask another member of the bar staff to serve as there were people waiting. About five minutes later an older barman came through and my husband said that he thought it was pretty poor that our friends would have paid a lot of money for this venue and that there should really be more than one person running the bar. His response was, I'm not working this bar and it was our fault the other barman wasn't there as someone had ordered coffee and taken him away from his role. My husband replied with "I'm not the one that ordered coffee and whether I did or not there should still be another person behind the bar to cover." The barman' response to that was it is how it is and if you don't like it, don't order coffee.

A brief description of our experience would be:
Rip off prices
No organisation
Rude staff
What an absolute embarrassment
Would definitely warn off friends from this venue for getting married or even just going for a simple meal.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Booked in slightly early, but reception and staff ensured i waa looked after and let me have room when was ready.i was there for 2 days for my daughters wedding at venue.I must say we were well looked after the ladys who helped set room up looked after us, the organiser was great even though we over ran she ensured nothing was rushed and looked after my daughter her wife and everyone. The food was fine,loads of choice for breakfast... a great weekend... only very slight gripe was room was bit dusty but hey ho i did check in early.. thank you for making roxannes and fayes day so special.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We have just held my Mother's 80th birthday party in the small marquee off the terrace. I cannot praise the Oaklands enough for making it such a great night. The staff are absolutely superb, they cannot do enough for you and make sure that they are on hand all evening to attend to anything you need. They are so friendly and always smiling. We had a 3 course dinner which was delicious and everyone was commenting on the good standard. We all stayed overnight and were impressed with the rooms too. Our room was so clean, modern, bright and spacious. I understand it has just recently been upgraded and it really did look good. It is a lovely place to hold an event and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. Thanks again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business