“DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Noisy disco and arrogant staff”

Best Western Plus Oaklands Hotel
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I am sure that as a wedding venue, the Oaklands is a fantastic place. However be warned that as a quiet place to stay forget it ! The management were arrogant and I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2010

The hotel is lucky to have such pleasant helpful staff, in my opinion they are rushed off their feet due to a lack of numbers. This was reflected in the poor service received at breakfast. When we arrived we had to wait for a table to be set, no tea, coffee or toast was offered , the buffet was in desperate need of replenishment, and there were no glasses available for fruit juice. A bit of a shambles really.
Our room was comfortable enough but with wallpaper coming away from the walls in two places, tired looking furniture and carpet, it was definitely not worth £105.00 per night.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Review Customer feedback for Oaklands Hotel, Norwich
Damn good value for money - A view, I'm sure held by many that we observed who had clearly voted with their feet (and appetites) at the dining table. The weekend package with breakfast takes some beating!
All staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times. No one had a problem at going an enthusiasm fuelled mile whenever required.
A little gem sure to bring some sparkle to your weekend wallet!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2010

First night in the restaurant my soup starter took 25 minutes to get to me, it didn't have the croutons but i was starving so didn't say anything. Next night my Paté starter didn't arrive within 20 minutes so I complained they made a poor excuse and I got the Paté after 30 minutes.Just to let you know the soup is the same batch all week and the meat on the carvery could be 3 days old. Steak and chips was very average and the chips were awful. I got to breakfast next day at 7.30 had some cereal then went for the cooked b/fast, there was no bacon no sausage no eggs. I waited and they brought out some sausage, minutes later bacon, then minutes later was told the chef had over cooked the eggs, it was all cold anyway.

The lodges seem nice but the beds are awful, cheapest mattress's money could buy, and also the bedding, the cheap duvet made me feel very uncomfortable had to take it out of the cover and use the blanket.
On checkout there was no one there and a member of staff walked past me not saying anything she went through the back, I left my room key and left, management in this place is non existent, I will never even think about using this place again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel in March. Overall, I was a bit disappointed. The room was too small and the bed was not very comfortable. I had a diner and breakfast at the hotel. Dinner was not that tasty and I was not happy with my breakfast either, because it was a buffet and everything was too cold and when they run out of some dishes they were not in a hurry to replenish.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We were pleasantly surprised as previous reviews were not complimentary. The staff were helpful and courteous. The food in the carvery was of a very good standard and excellent value for money. There was a good selection of food at breakfast - plenty to fill you up for the day! The room was comfortable - everything we needed, although not massive in size.

We would go back to the hotel because we were made to feel welcome, rather than just another guest.

Not suitable for people with mobility problems, as there was no lift.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Friendly staff. Nice decor. Clean.
Things to improve would be curtains that actually block the sunlight.
Secure parking area.