“Fantastic”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
great yarmouth
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We travelled as a group of 11 on a recommendation from a friend to celebrate my 50th birthday amd was not to be dissapointed. From the moment we walked in to our reserved table in the bar for drinks whilst waiting for everyone to arrive, the friendly welcome and general banter from the staff, the meal certainly didnt dissapoint wirh a great selection and all arriving on nice hot plates. Thanks to all the staff for making this a great birrhday meal to remember and we will be coming back to see you again.

5 Thank caisterboy

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Hostess with the least!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Having sought a table for lunch for 5 persons at 1300 we were told we could have one at 1245. We arrived on time and were surprised to find that the restaurant was empty with one other party of 4 arriving later. Alison, the co-owner took our food orders in a most ungracious manner eliciting a loud sarcastic remark from her husband, John, in the bar area, when we asked for more time to make up our minds. Alison was unhelpful and totally without charm giving the impression that she didn't want our business. The food was fine but Alison made no attempt to see whether we were satisfied with our meal. There were only two tables occupied in the restaurant so there was no excuse for her attitude.
This was not our first visit to The Ugly Bug Inn, but we will think hard before returning.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank jasiknight
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Ugly Bug Inn Restaurant”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Excellent food, excellent atmosphere and the staff are really friendly - a cut above the rest! I would recommend the Ugly Bug restaurant to anyone.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Jenny W
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Character and Quality”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit, lovely traditional pub not ruined by being trendied-up. The food was quite simply excellent, I had the baked crab, and the menu was extensive and interesting. The place is laid out well so you can find a quiet corner or enjoy being with a group. Good soft level of lighting makes for an intimate feel, and good to see such a charming and well behaved dog there too. Unfortunately it was raining on the day of our visit but the grounds look as if they would be delightful on a sunny day. Service was first rate. Toilets very clean and well presented. Very enjoyable, please don't change!

Visited March 2014
6 Thank Therese953
Belper, United Kingdom
“Ok, should have stayed at the hotel. ..”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I stay in the area on a regular basis, rather than stay at the hotel I decided to visit the ugly bug.

Straight of im not happy with a dog being in the restaurant. Whilst it didn't come near me when I was eating, but in sure environmental health may have something to say.

The food was ok, cooked well and fresh. The staff were fine, friendly. At the end of the meal the card machine wouldn't work and I was asked to pay cash, however this was a business meal whilst away and getting the cash back is a night mare. In the end I had to leave my details and let the owner put it through manually.

The owner was the biggest disappointment, he was being loud and very vocal about supermarkets and how they are ruining the country. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sometimes keeping it to yourself is better, especially being that my livelihood any a great many people I deal with daily are dependent on them. He was also not happy when I insisted on paying by card, blaming the modern world and the Internet, the banks and everyone but himself.
I won't be going back.