“Hip, tasty food, great cocktails”
Review of 42 King Street

42 King Street
Ranked #65 of 870 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly little cocktail and world tapas bar in central Norwich. We change the menus fairly regularly keeping things interesting and seasonal and put alot of love into what we do. We have an extension selection of spirits and a lovely selection of wines and beers. We are open from 10am - midnight Monday to Saturday. Serving coffee, lunch and tapas. Whether you want a well crafted cocktail, a tasty tapas dish or of course both, we are happy to have you! Hope to see you soon...
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Last minute google search found this place, managed to get an early table. Small tapas menu which is very freshly cooked. Top quality food a good price. If in the area again, would happily go.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant. Have been a few times now and everytime the food has been brilliant at great prices too. It's really pretty inside and the service is great. Can't wait to go again!

2  Thank Maya918
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We love eating out, and have eaten at a number of fancy restaurants in the past, but this small cafe with just 3 or 4 tables is right up there with some of the best food I've ever had.

An ever changing menu of 'world tapas' - we ordered 5 plates to share between the two of us. Despite all the good reviews we had seen, I don't think we expected the food to be anywhere near to the level that it was. I mean - its not very often you find a place that can perfect a number of different cuisines all at the same time right? Wrong. This place has it all

Was told that the menu is always changing with dishes being removed/added every couple of weeks, so will defo be paying this place another visit in a couple of months time!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I visited last night with a group after a few friends recommended this place. None of us had eaten here before, we were really pleased with the food and service. We opted for a few plates of bread and homemade humous and the sweet potato bravas (amazing). We then picked one dish each so to not over order. For me, I loved the roasted veg and haloumi, and the chicken satay was the best I've ever tasted. The baked Camembert, whitebait and pork belly all went down well too! A number of us sampled the cocktails, the blood orange spritz was delicious. Superb food, reasonably priced and served with a smile. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place was recommended by our daughter and what a find! A gem of a place with the best, freshly cooked tapas which were very good value for money and extremely good quality. We were told the cocktails were amazing and they certainly were. I've tried a few in my time and these were v good. It's a small but very friendly restaurant and we will certainly be back. I can't rate it highly enough - we had a great time! If you're looking for something a bit different with excellent service , food and drink then give this place a try - it won't disappoint!