“Screen 5 should have a health warning about its seats”
Review of Vue

Vue
Ranked #24 of 35 Fun & Games in Norwich
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Seats definitely need replacing in Screen 5. Avoid if you have any kind of lower back problems. Strangely enough the seats in Screen 1 seem far more comfortable.

Free parking for 4 hours is good. Food and drink ridiculously expensive - buy something in Boots in Castle Mall for a cheaper option.

Also beware that you may not get the seats you have booked and there is no-one in the cinema to resolve any problems. You need to go out to a central point to get any help.

For a more civilised experience go to Cinema City but be prepared to pay more for tickets and parking there.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"concessions"
"signage"

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Me and my sister ( wheelchair bound) attended vue cinema on Wednesday 31st July with my orange Wednesday code upon paying at the desk once we had paid and got our popcorn & drinks there was a huge queue behind us and struggled to move as rude people wouldn't move out of the way, we then headed to screen 2 which was right at the bottom once there there was two sets of small heavy doors (not hinged open for the likes of wheelchair access) so I struggled to open one set of doors while hands full with popcorn etc we then proceeded to go through the 2nd set of gravy doors where we were approached with a trolley inside of a member of staff selling food& drink the member of staff basically didn't have a clue what to do and because he couldn't move this he asked us if we could back the wheelchair back through the doors so he could move this trolley out of the screening while this happened many customers were looking at us which was very embarrassing! Then once we were able to get to our seating area all the seats on the back row were taken up my sister did know one lady & her disabled daughter but there were 3 other people with a new born baby who I pay my dues to the same member of staff he did ask them if they could move so I could sit with my sister as they got up to move we had the most ugliest looks from these people which yet again felt horrible then once the film had finished they turned around and stared at us again! So overall Me and my sister were not very pleased with the disability side of things and I believe ALL aspects of shops or where public go to need to put their staff & managers in a wheelchair for the day & for them to see how it feels not being able
to get through places and it is embarrassing! Think some fresh DDA training is needed as these big so & so's who sit behind their big desks need to THINK of wheelchair users when planning on building these places!

2  Thank bettyboop1987
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is a lovely cinema and is in a convenient location with it being within the mall. The food and drinks can be expensive (All cinemas are though!) However her you can get a snack box which includes a drink, popcorn and a chocolate bar for something like £3.95 which is good for a cinema. If you park in Castle Mall when you go to this cinema remember to get your car park ticket stamped at the cinema as you get something like 4 hours free parking then which is great!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is a nice normal vue cinema and is in a great location up in the Mall overlooking out onto Norwich Castle. However like with the Odeon down by the riverside, it is overpriced for the location it is in and there are other cinemas around that offer a cheaper bargain for the films you would go and see. Hollywood Cinema just outside of the city centre in Anglia Square you pay less for the films and often it is quieter there. They don't have 3D in Hollywood cinema which Vue and Odeon does but I recommend that as a fair trade for enjoying your movies for a better price.