“LOVELY ROOM, LOVELY LOCATION, LOVELY PROPRIETORS.”

and 1 more site!
Hill House Guest House
Ranked #11 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
CARDIFF. WALES
“LOVELY ROOM, LOVELY LOCATION, LOVELY PROPRIETORS.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It's easier to say what was wrong than what was right. (This is my shortest review ever) So where do I go from here? Have to write 200 characters as a minimum so I will ramble. Nothing wrong, everything right. (That's 209)

Room Tip: We stayed in the rear double room with an extra single bed. Excellent, overlooking a leafy suburb w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I loved everything! The owners are very friendly and accommodating, the house is stylish and immaculate, my bedroom was beautifully spacious, bright and relaxing ( my room was the smallest apparently but with a double bed and plenty of room I was delighted with it)the bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle was large and full of everything I could have needed. I had a flat screen tv and DVD player ( lots of DVDs on the landing to chooses from!) tea, coffee and hot chocolate, a hair dryer, iron and ironing board and alarm clock and even a table to place my luggage on. Breakfast was beautifully cooked in the lovely breakfast room. Buses run regularly from just outside straight into the city.
I really cannot recommend this place highly enough!!
5* bed & breakfast and I will certainly be back next time I visit norwich!

• Stayed June 2014
Worcestershire
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at Hill House for 3 nights whilst visiting Norwich and surrounds. We were greeted and welcomed warmly, the owner offering to carry bags up to our room.
The room was clean and well decorated, the en-suite, though small, was perfectly acceptable, and the shower worked well. The bedding was fresh and the bed comfortable - this being a bit of an issue for me as I suffer from a damaged spine- so in my case the mattress really matters. A modern tv (with dvd player - and a selection of dvds is provided on the landing), plus tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities completed our comfortable quarters. We were told that if we needed anything at all, we only had to ask - day or night - and I believe this was true.
Breakfast, as mentioned by other reviewers, is really good. My husband had a cooked breakfast each morning, and the perfectly reasonable wait was well worth it. It is obviously cooked to order from scratch; you couldn't get it fresher unless you went and cooked it yourself. No eggs or sausages looking tired after sitting around for half an hour, the food arrived sizzling hot. A good selection of cereals kept me happy, and the large cafetiere of fresh coffee was delicious.
Nearby are several pubs and an Indian Restaurant. We went to the Riverside Garden which I can well recommend.
The Park & Ride service into Norwich is just 5 minutes drive away, and there is also a regular bus service into the city.
If we come to Norwich again, we will be staying at Hill House - that's for sure.

Room Tip: If possible a room away from the main road, but the double glazing in all rooms is very good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Home Counties
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very attractive guest house in Thorpe-St-Andrew, just outside Norwich. The rooms are large and very comfortable and the bathroom and other facilities are more than adequate, possibly brough to near-perfection by a very hearty and generous breakfast. The proprietor is an extremely affable, quiet and considerate person who helps you in any way he can.

The house is situated on the corner of Yarmouth Road and Hillside Road and is easy to find, being plainly visible from the main road. Within walking distance are three good pub/restaurants, plus an extremely good Indian. These are most welcome as they are good places to go in the evening after you discover, as we did, that there are no buses in/out of Norwich after 7 pm (this is the only downside - it's a 2.5 mile hike into the city centre).

We will certainly stay here again when we next visit Norwich.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be very good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amlodhi
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night at this lovely guest house. Very friendly couldnt do enough for you. Breakfast full english breakfast cereal and toast very nice. We will be staying there next time we visit norwich. Thanks again

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue001410
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

As a long term visiting resident to Hill House (3 years) I have to say that this is fantastic B&B to stay if you are ever in Norwich. The welcome you get from the proprietors is without fail warm and they are always so accommodating with whatever you need to make your stay as good as it could be. The rooms are really well equipped and there is a wide variety of breakfast choices too so you are never bored. You never have to wait too long to get served and I am always amazed at how the proprietor manages to consistently cope with delivering great food so speedily. Its location is great for visiting Norwich or the Broads and the surrounding countryside. On top of that it is great value for money - highly recommended - I would give it an extra star too if I could!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Neilly4
Hampshire
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in October and had 2 rooms.
It's located a 5 min drive from Norwich centre with easy off street parking.
Both the rooms were laid out really well and had lots of space each with a separate and large bathroom. Nicely decorated (although only the bits you could see for instance the wardrobe was only painted on 2 sides) and clean. Bed was comfy and nice towels.
The shower in one bedroom couldn't get any hot water although this was fixed for the second day with a new mixer fitted.
There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room although these could do with refreshing more often as the ones in our room were stale and not usable.
A word of warning, if you are in a hurry I'd skip breakfast. What you got when it arrives is great with good ingredients and nice and hot however the wait is far too long. It seems that only one table can be served at a time which is fine if you are first down but not if you are third. On the first day we had to wait 20 minutes even it get a cup of tea offered and that is just not acceptable. It should be possible to serve the tea and toast whilst you wait for the main hot breakfast to be served but you are hardly even acknowledged when you come down for breakfast let alone a cheery 'Good Morning'.
Overall it is a nice B&B, very well priced and located with big comfy rooms but a bit more ambiance and a quicker service at breakfast would make it an excellent place to stay.
As others have mentioned there is a great Indian restaurant a 5 minute walk away that you should definitely visit and a good pub 5 minutes the other way which serves Huge portions.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family