“Bags of Flavour and a Nice Place to Relax”
Review of The Clipper - CLOSED

The Clipper
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fabulous restaurant in Norwich, fresh Indian cuisine, was formerly named Bengal Spice about 2/3 years ago.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've eaten there before on my annual visit to Norwich and I love it. It is very good Indian food indeed and the menu has many dishes on it that you would not ordinarily see in other similar restaurants. Good honest food and vey reasonably priced and definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have just eaten at this restaurant and couldn't fault it at all. The food was superb and the service was excellent very efficient staff and quick service. I would definitely recommend it and will return.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

A decent Indian restaurant, service was good, food was good, and pricing was fair.

It's a very competitive market and Namaste India, Chutney Aroma Of India, and Merchants of Spice are all much better!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This restaurant now appears to be called the Bengal Clipper but the take away menus are still for The Clipper. The restaurant is situated in a quiet street with a number of other restaurants and there are a limited number of parking spaces in the street.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and I was very glad to see that there try and spread diners around the restaurant rather than trying to sit them all together - one of my pet hates!

I started with the tandoori mix platter which had good flavours with tender meat.For a main course I had lamb Xacuti (lamb with fennel, garlic, ginger & spices) which was very tasty but could have done with a bit more heat as it was described as medium hot on the menu. My partner had a very good tilapia dish which is not something you usually see in an Indian restaurant.

We both really enjoyed our food and with a bottle of wine the bill for 2 starters, 2 main courses, 2 rice dishes and a nan came to about £45.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My wife and I are not too adventurous when it comes to Indian food and we tend to have exactly the same dishes every time. The advantage of this is you can easily compare the quality of the food from restaurant to another.

On this occasion, the food was certainly one of the best we have eaten, the portions generous and the service was very good, quick and friendly. It is a shame we live 200 miles from Norwich so we are unlikely to visit to this restaurant again but I would recommend it to anyone.