“Great Indian”
Review of The Clipper - CLOSED

The Clipper
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fabulous restaurant in Norwich, fresh Indian cuisine, was formerly named Bengal Spice about 2/3 years ago.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Restaurant was clean, welcoming and had a very relaxed vibe. Service was fast, friendly and attentive yet we didn't feel rushed. As other reviewers have said, food is more delicately flavoured rather than out right spicy compared to similar dishes in other establishments. Nice portion sizes - we all had papadoms then curry with rice and nan, and all left with full bellies! Recommended.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This is our local indian restaurant and we eat here regularly. The odd takeaway too.

The staff know us. We know the menu and have favourite dishes we live to eat. Mostly the special menu dishes. We feel really comfortable and that is what you hope for in a local place.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My infrequent visits to Norwich always leave me admiring this fine city and having just got out of the car after a four hour journey from many miles to the west, The Bengal Clipper was a welcome sight as it hove into view on St Benedicts Street. I had the Tilapia Masala which can only be described in a Michael Winner fashion as "historic" - the dish wasn't overly spicy but full of subtle flavour and was complemented by an almost nutty tarka dahl. Service was efficient and friendly and all things considered, this weary traveller intends to return when next out east.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've eaten there before on my annual visit to Norwich and I love it. It is very good Indian food indeed and the menu has many dishes on it that you would not ordinarily see in other similar restaurants. Good honest food and vey reasonably priced and definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have just eaten at this restaurant and couldn't fault it at all. The food was superb and the service was excellent very efficient staff and quick service. I would definitely recommend it and will return.