“Great little spot”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Took my Mum out for her birthday here on a Monday night and it was a perfect evening. Food was brilliant and good value - pork belly was the best I've tasted in a long while (hope it moves from a special onto the a la carte!). Service was slick and attentive - they even rustled up a special jus to go with the liver & bacon at our request in 2mins flat. A great little spot and a credit to Norwich. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Nick M
There are newer reviews for The Last Brasserie

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Went here for a special birthday meal. Food was fantastic - confit duck, followed by tarte tatin - food of the gods! :-) Had an interesting English pinot noir with it (from Kent), complemented the duck nicely. Dessert wine - a Muscat of some kind - was incredibly delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. Would return in an instant, if we didn't live 200 miles away!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Visited November/December 2013 for a meal with family---my son is at university there. Food was good but I feel overpriced. I think the same can be said for the wine. Nothing wrong with the red Midi I ordered but the glass was far too small. I don't expect there to be very little room in the glass---unable to swirl the wine. We had three courses.All good but nothing memorable. The confit de canard I believe was bought in---tasted the same I can buy in France in tins. Again the rillettes were not home made---I asked----and so easy to make. If 20% cheaper would have rated this brasserie with 4 blobs.

2  Thank Jonathan D
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Arrived early for our table and staff were happy to accomodate us for drinks and pre starters, which was all very nice and efficient. My main meal was good -beef bourginion and my friends seafood platter I am told was nice. The reason this review only has three stars is because the three main meals that came out for the men in the party were so small. They had the lamb koftas, served with cous cous, homous and bread. When it came out I actally thought they had come out with starters for the three of them. There appeared to be a small dollop of houmous, whilst a spinkling of cous cous- no kidding probably a couple of tablespoons max on the plate (How much does cous cous cost??). All rather disappointing. We had dessert, which was nice, although one of the party did not bother after being so dissapointed with his main course. Sadly we felt that as they were not embarrased to serve such a small portion of food we were not too embarrased to leave much of a tip. Service was average and tailed off towards the end too. A shame really as I have previously had excellent food and service before here however this experience was different.

2  Thank butty681
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Popped in here on the off chance for lunch and didn't know what to expect. Very varied lunch menu with some tempting and interesting choices, but my partner and I opted for 'ham egg and chips'. Everything just right: crisp chips, juicy ham and soft eggs: just what we needed! We thought it would be nice to come back one day for an evening meal. Very friendly service too.