“JUST bRILLANT”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I was in a group of eight when visiting this restaurant for the first time and were all impressed with the cosy setting, the service was attentive but not over the top and the cuisine was brilliant, this has to be one of the best restaurants in Norwich .Anyone who appreciates good food must try this place I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is the second time me and my husband have eaten here and yet again we were impressed. I love this place, it combines great food with a cosy and intimate setting. Perfect place to go if you are looking for somewhere to have a bite to eat in a relaxed atmosphere.

Can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Took my Mum out for her birthday here on a Monday night and it was a perfect evening. Food was brilliant and good value - pork belly was the best I've tasted in a long while (hope it moves from a special onto the a la carte!). Service was slick and attentive - they even rustled up a special jus to go with the liver & bacon at our request in 2mins flat. A great little spot and a credit to Norwich. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Went here for a special birthday meal. Food was fantastic - confit duck, followed by tarte tatin - food of the gods! :-) Had an interesting English pinot noir with it (from Kent), complemented the duck nicely. Dessert wine - a Muscat of some kind - was incredibly delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. Would return in an instant, if we didn't live 200 miles away!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Visited November/December 2013 for a meal with family---my son is at university there. Food was good but I feel overpriced. I think the same can be said for the wine. Nothing wrong with the red Midi I ordered but the glass was far too small. I don't expect there to be very little room in the glass---unable to swirl the wine. We had three courses.All good but nothing memorable. The confit de canard I believe was bought in---tasted the same I can buy in France in tins. Again the rillettes were not home made---I asked----and so easy to make. If 20% cheaper would have rated this brasserie with 4 blobs.

2  Thank Jonathan D