“Loved it!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited on a Saturday afternoon I had no idea on what to expect from the place yet the building has always caught my eye its truly beautiful. Inside I fell in love its got some great vintage imagery and just such a cosy atmosphere. It was busy however we both got seated in a lovely booth upstairs after being asked if it was okay for us and not to cramped but it was perfect. The atmosphere from the customers was also brilliant. The food however was just as good it was what I expected and more I don't tend to like “red meat” and go for chicken but this really turned my tastebuds it was amazing and smokey I had wedges which where huge and not the usual deep fried rubbish you tend to get at other establishments. Personally I really couldn't fault the service or the food as the waitresses had perfect manners.

ZaksNorwich, General Manager at ZAKS Mousehold Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Wow SomeBlondBird, thank for a lovely review. Hope to see you again soon. ;-)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

having tried the other two zaks restaurant over the years, but never mousehold heath , firtsly the car park is at the bottom of the hill and if the restaurant is full you cannot park, would not venture there in winter with snow on the ground.

The building appears to be some sort of lodge in a previous life, but it looked the part and there was seating outside for hot days. The staff were very attentive and order was placed quickly and efficiently.

Soon this huge pile of food appeared, with burgers that defeated my son (which is unusual) , home made onion rings and all the trimmings.

The food was not as tasty as experienced in the other zak restaurants but what it lacked in quality made up for in quantity., clearly it would be the only meal of the day. Washed down by some budweisers , the decor and music , did not have as much USA ambience as the Great Yarmouth, but still provided an environment to relax.

No room for desert , headed off home to sleep it off

ZaksNorwich, General Manager at ZAKS Mousehold Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello Paula. Thank for taking the time to review Zaks Mousehold. ;-)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited with 2 young children who were well catered for. Portions were very large and food was of good quality. None of our party could eat a dessert as we were too full. Would visit again if we were in the area.

ZaksNorwich, General Manager at ZAKS Mousehold Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you Scratbygirl for a great review. ;-)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My annual 300 mile round trip to Zak’s didn’t disappoint. I chose the HogFather (although could have eaten anything of the enormous menu) – pulled BBQ pork on one of their famous burgers, accompanied by curly fries. Delicious! No room for a sweet this time, but my friends reported they were as good as usual.

Service was not great though, the young lady was slow to take our order and we had to constantly ask for service. But that didn’t detract much of a good value, all-American style meal...I'll be back next year...

ZaksNorwich, General Manager at ZAKS Mousehold Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks machinmad for a lovely review. The Hogfather now is our best seller. ;-)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After having moved back to Norwich after many years I suggested visiting Zaks with my family for my partner's birthday. The service was friendly and obliging, the food was served hot but the quality was mediocre. Not enough salad served with the meals and the sesame baps and cheese were basic economy standard. I asked for extra gherkin with my bean burger but was given one slice, whereas the burgers served by my family had more gherkin with theirs and they didn't even ask for gherkin. I also wanted a root beer (which stated were available on the menu). However there was no root beer available. The ice cream my daughter had was nicely presented but again the quality was pretty bog basic. My biggest concern was when I visited the bathrooms and noticed the overall cleanliness of the kitchen, storeroom and toilet areas. The floors were full of food debris (including under the storeroom shelves and their was a puddle on the bathroom floor. If I had noticed this before we had eaten I would have left. Very disappointing as I remember Zaks to be a fun and great American diner when I visited many years ago.

1  Thank hmcka
ZaksNorwich, Manager at ZAKS Mousehold Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. I have taken action. Please see you in box. Hope to hear from you soon.