“Excellent”

The Nectar Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I've known about this place for a while but never been in, but I was in the area today and really fancied something healthy so thought I would give it a go. The cafe is easy to find just off Unthank Road and although small is bright and airy.

I was greeted by a really friendly member of staff who was happy to make suggestions and said she would talk me through any of the menu if I needed it, which was very nice. I chose the raw pizza which was made up freshly, it looked beautiful and was piled high with fresh tasty salad. I forget what all the ingredients were but the base was beautiful and the salad dressed wonderfully. The girl serving was very friendly and chatty too, and obviously enjoyed and has passion for what she was doing.

For what it's worth I eat pretty much anything and am not vegan/vegetarian/following a raw food diet etc, but if you want something fresh and healthy this is the place to go!

Lots of tea, coffee, juices etc too if you just want a drink. And cake!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is the only raw food cafe that I am aware of in Norwich - not that it would matter if there were some competition, as The Nectar would win hands down.

The cafe is small but that makes it feel a lot more intimate. Having been in many times, the staff are always friendly and easy to talk to. The food is delicious and healthy, and certainly well priced for such filling portions. The avocado, tomato and herby pesto sandwich is a personal favourite, and there's nothing like washing that down with a delicious mint choc-chip thick shake. Be sure to try the choca-mocca cheesecake too - there are no words.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I've only been here once, and I've also attended a raw food class, but I've purchased their products from the Rainbow shop many times, and I've enjoyed everything I've had. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the food is tasty (I especially love the vegan cheesecake).

1  Thank veggiedyke
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Myself and friends have eaten in The Nectar many times and being a fan of vegan and raw food have until recently we were very happy with the quality of food. But sadly since January the quality and quantity of food we have received is not anywhere near as excellent as it was previously. The portions are much smaller and we have noticed that smaller plates are now being used. On several occasions I have been served half cups of tea and the teapot has been half full, half cups of chai and hot chocolate. I have ordered food to go and it has been very poor. The cafe states it is organic but not all food is organic as they often nip across the road to the local grocer to purchase items which are not 'organic', this is very misleading. The staff are vey nice but I think the owner has gone on maternity leave and the current staff do not put as much into the cafe or food as the owner did. They quite often run out of the dishes advertised leaving customers disappointed. This is such a shame as this small cafe is/was a real find in the heart of Norwich, it just needs the owner back. While We don't mind paying for good food that is freshly prepared we object to being ripped off with half measures. Because of the reasons stated we have chosen to take our trade elsewhere until the owner returns.

1  Thank sukisu W
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Really good atmosphere and friendly staff, it's quite small but well worth the visit for the great Raw Food, we had spicy moroccan salad with homous and quinoa salad and falafels, the flavours were excellent, for dessert we had chocolate cake and a raw hot chocolate. A very easy going atmosphere, fabulous food and good service. We will definitely go again.

2  Thank Gera C