“Love the decor & food, let down by staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Earlham Arms Restaurant

The Earlham Arms Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 812 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Love the decor & food, let down by staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I absolutely love going to the crown in Wells. The food, the decor, the service is all fabulous, so couldn't believe it when I heard a Kiwi inn was opening 5 minutes walk from my house. We went on a busy Friday night and were sat at the bar for food. I would have rather waited for a table as we were ignored by the staff. After a 20 minute wait for someone to take our order my husband had to go to the bar and ask if we could order. We held onto our one drink each as we knew no one would ask us if we wanted another. The pizza was gorgeous so we decided to go for dessert, 25 minutes later we had to get up and ask some one if we could order. The creme brulee is dreamy and the cheesecake divine! So definitely go, just book a table!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank h0lsa

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Up to standard of the other Kiwi Inns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Very nice atmosphere, good menu (perhaps a little limited but better than too long and out of the freezer!!) Friendly young staff. Good wine choices. Lovely conversion of the building, enough style to be interesting but not overwhelming. Good little tapas dishes that are great for nibbles, starters or sides.

1 Thank Sue_Allen2
East Anglia
“A useful addition to the Norwich eateries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Although this latest addition to the Flying Kiwis portfolio has only been open for a matter of weeks, I've already been fortunate enough to have visited twice - as two separate sets of friends were keen to check out this new Norwich city venue, located just down the Earlham Road, just beyond the Catholic Cathedral.

The first visit - for lunch - had been a wee bit of a disappointment. The table was near to a drafty door, and we all felt that the menu was rather restricted when compared to some of the other FK locations. (Why put mussels on the menu at a time of year - Christmas - when supply is likely to be tricky, and thus - by not offering a replacement choice, be missing as an option on both the starter and mains menus?) Could it be that this latest revamped pub was aiming to be more of a busy city wine bar than the fine gastro pub atmosphere of its siblings?

A second visit - this time for a rather naughty midweek dinner - has banished most of my reservations. Less of a draft, staff a bit more relaxed, same menu, but my selection perhaps chosen more wisely.

I can report excellent thin, crispy pizzas, huge (if somewhat pricey) steaks, and (according to one of my companions) some of the best sticky toffee pudding to be found anywhere. I also thoroughly enjoyed my pre dinner half of Grain Porter.

I think the Earlham Arms will be a very useful addition to the dining options in Norwich, particularly for those living in the 'Golden Triangle'. Also a place where you can stop off on the way home from work, knowing that the beer and wine will be well kept and chosen, and bar tapas are available if you find yourself in need of a snack, or indeed, dinner.

Well done Kiwis. Another well executed revamp! Keep up the good work.

• 3 of 5 bubbles