“Magic”

The Earlham Arms Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 817 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Here is my favorite place full of friendly staff obviously well picked by Katy and Mathew a well run establishment where you can take your children and also your family pets and enjoy a very friendly day either inside or out in the garden pure heaven

• Visited March 2014

Norwich
“A really good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I made my first visit to The Earlham Arms on Friday 7th March on the suggestion of. Norfolk based client. In short the meal was really good. I had the pigeon breast to start followed by a lovely big square of pork belly for main course and the cheese for dessert. Food was faultless and I liked the surroundings with the interior done out nicely creating a decent atmosphere to relax in. Will definitely have this place in mind to take my wife as I was impressed as were the other 3 people on the table.

Visited March 2014
“A Joy to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

A lovely Pun/Restaurant catering for drinkers and eaters a like , child and dog friendly wheelchair accessible ,very accommodating staff and great value top quality food and drinks.
Highly recommend

• Visited February 2014
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent food beer staff an all round brilliant family orientaded family pub Scottish friendly and also pet and children are made very welcome

• Visited March 2014
“Worst service ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My friends and I went for a meal, we we're sat for over 3 hours for a simple 2 course meal. The chicken salad was beyond a joke, processed, packaged chicken slices on a few salad leaves (nothing else at all). When we asked the waitress about this her response was "no one else has complained, no need to get upset about it" with the most rude obnoxious attitude we have ever received from waiting staff! I can't believe that the management let people with such a bad attitude work in front of house. When we eventually were served our mains half the table had finished their meals and had to sit waiting for us, needless to say we didn't order desserts and left once we were finally given our bill. When we were asked how our meal was and we said the steaks were fine but the rest of the meal and service was poor, we were simply laughed at! As a group of 6-10 people that eat out at different locations every weekend, we will never be retuning to the Earlham Arms and will advise everyone we know to do the same. The main reason being the rude, obnoxious, brunette waitress with the heavy eyeliner, that served us in the first place.

3 Thank Georgina O
The_Earlham_Arms, Owner at The Earlham Arms Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review us.

I would like to assure that all of our food is freshly cooked and prepared on site and nothing is bought in pre-packed. Our chicken itself is also smoked fresh on site. I am sorry that you appear to not have enjoyed your visit and I would be grateful if you would like to contact me directly to discuss some of your concerns.

That said I am delighted that this has not put you off The Earlham Arms and that you now visit us weekly with your friends, so I am pleased that we have been able to show you the high standards that we continually strive for each week and that you have enjoyed this.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Regards, The Earlham Arms