“expensive tea”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My son took me and 4 others for breakfast so there was 5 of us ,my daughter inlaw had earl grey tea at £2.20 a pot she had a large pot , the 4 of us wanted ordinary tea we got a pot only got 1 small cup of tea so we ordered another pot the tea cost my son £16 I thought it was very expensive
So what was a resonable priced breakfast turned out to be very expensive

1  Thank 4jackie56
The_Earlham_Arms, Owner at The Earlham Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review us.
I am glad that on the whole you enjoyed your visit but naturally saddened that you felt that your experience was marred by the price of the tea. Because your group asked for a second round of hot drinks, this was the reason for the higher price. I can however understand your comments and we must ensure that we use our discretion at times such as these and I can see that we did not on this particular occasion.
We are always grateful for our guests could allow us the opportunity to respond at the time of the visit so that we can rectify matters there and then. I would like to apologise for the negative element of your experience and I hope that this will not put you off visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We popped in on a Sunday lunchtime. We managed to get a seat next to the bar. We only had a few nibbles to share, which were ok but we both felt they were very small portions for the price we paid. Staff were friendly, albeit a bit stretched at times as it was quite busy. What put me off was the couple beside us were allowed to have their dog sitting on a high stool beside them whilst they were eating their roast lunch! They even allowed the dog to eat from their plates!! Now, I'm an animal lover and I don't have a problem with places being dog friendly in garden areas, but in a restaurant area this is just unhygienic!! Others customers were waiting for seats, whilst the dog was having a great time perched on his!! It wont be a place I will be visiting again in a hurry!!

2  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have eaten at the Earlham Arms a a few times now and I have to say the food there is top class. I've eaten both meat and veggie options and both have been great tasting, the first time there I chose a steak and it was perfectly cooked, tonight I decided to go for the veggie burger and it was lovely. Each plate of food has been a good size and value for money, especially when comparing many other gastro pub prices within the city. Overall I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone wishing to have an all round good tasting and value for money dinner.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This pub was recommended by the owner of the B&B we were staying at. We were pleasantly surprised. The place was buzzing and there were no dining tables avalable, but the bar staff offered us a place in the bar which was great. The food came promptly even though we were warned there might be a delay. It was good home made food and value for money. The menu isn't huge but the choices are varied and interesting. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Here is my favorite place full of friendly staff obviously well picked by Katy and Mathew a well run establishment where you can take your children and also your family pets and enjoy a very friendly day either inside or out in the garden pure heaven