“Customer service at its worst.”

The Nelson Table Table
Ranked #206 of 842 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The restaurant here is a standard Table Table in terms of menu but they seem to have an ever lengthening list of problems.

We use it in the hope that things will get better and because it is always empty and close to the railway station. However staffing has been a huge problem and managers range from rude to indifferent.

Quality of food is variable (surprise surprise) and sometimes you will go up to the carvery or buffet and wish you hadn't.

However my biggest gripe is that after complaining to Head Office about service in December I heard nothing until January, when a man rang up stating that he was the new manager and he was really sorry for our problems, that the previous manager had left and would I accept £40 in vouchers to be sent out the next day. I thanked him for taking the trouble to ring me, his promises of improvement and of course the promised vouchers.

Guess what?

No vouchers ever appear.

I'm afraid that is most definitely that for me with this restaurant and I will be trying not to visit Table Table restaurants elsewhere anymore. Come on guys this is a SERVICE industry.

1  Thank DerehamDad
There are newer reviews for The Nelson Table Table

Reviewed 25 February 2013

As the horse meat scandel was on they had no burgers or steak only chicken or fish so had scampi about 10 dry chips and 20 dried up peas not very happy at all but as it was 9.30 0n a saturday night i expect the chef let his standerds drop

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We ate here on two nights. On the first night we heard the waiting staff being told that certain items were off the menu - the horse meat scare. Lasagne, pate and burgers were all off the menu.
We ordered a mixed platter to share - unfortunately the kitchen sent out a 'special' menu option which did not have the full selection on, but once mentioned to Anna - our waitress - this was changed and a fresh platter was bought out. I had the sirloin streak for main. This was of a very poor quality and I left quite a bit of it. On the second night the food was ok apart from the chips which were rather over cooked and dry. All in all - the front of house do an excellent job, but the kitchen is letting them down.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Last time went here it wasnt good had to wait ages for food.The waiting staff worked their socks off.Did complain and got a voucher. Went last week and it was better.Needs to tidy up outside though cigarette ends everwhere.Once again the young waiting staff are great.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Went here with friends and the wait was 2hours untill we got our food. The food was cold and dry so we conplained and ended up not eating and going elsewhere to eat. Terrible and definitely wouldnt recommend this place to anyone!!

1  Thank 2,013,123