“Gets Better Every Time!”

The Nelson Table Table
Ranked #216 of 840 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Well I booked online voucher deal of 2 mains and bottle of wine for £18
The booking was for 19:45 but we turned up again an hour early and were swiftly seated in an alcove in middle of the restaurant.

I did notice that the door to the outside seating area was open as it was very hot early evening sun and the smoke from the smokers outside was blowing in which off-putting but didn't effect us but would of done if seated by the door!

Anyhow to the meal, the wine offered had ran out but a substitute was offered and very nice it was!
Ed ordered Fish & Chips and I ordered Burger with cheese and Bacon.
The meals arrived in timely manor, the fish and chunky fries was well cooked and nice crisp batter (no soggy bits) just as Ed likes it, and big bowl of Mushy peas and bread and butter!
My Burger was presented well and tasted just as good as it looked but one quibble was it came with those skinny fries, I would of preferred chunky as in previous meals so assumed they would come chunky but this didn't spoil this too much (just my preference).

Desert we shared and given 2 spoons was a Rocky Road and I asked for Ice cream instead of cream and was pleasantly surprised as it came topped with vinnalia with pod seeds, which could of been home made? My Half was at the bottom so Ed didn't see to much of it lol

Overall well cooked and superb value for money!

There are newer reviews for The Nelson Table Table

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a lovely table over looking the river. The aircon was a lovely treat on such a hot day.

Our waiter Ben was friendly and courteous.

The food was reasonable and very tasty. We even had dessert which I never normally do. We even ordered a couple of desserts from the kids menu and it wasn't even a problem.

Would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Suz K
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Never seems to fail this Table Table, always very well looked after and last evening was no exception than you Samantha, we both had a Double Stack Steak Burger that was delicious. with fries and a glass of wine

1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed 6 July 2014

service and quality were exceptional with fantastic prices and deals. no hesitation in recommending.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We eat here as we were staying at the Premier Inn next door. On arrival we were told there was 20min wait for a table, which was fine. Then a Family of 4 came along & asked for a table & were seated instantly which I wasn't happy with. But after 10mins we were shown to our table. Our waitress Carole was the most polite person ive ever met!!! We were both blown away with how polite & friendly she was. Our food was good and served in a reasonable time. Shame we live 130 miles away else I would go back purely for how friendly our waitress was.