“Expected better”

Pret A Manger
Ranked #32 of 62 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich
“Expected better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wife and I called in for a quick bite as we often do and for the first time with P a M I felt ripped off. I chose a bacon and chicken baguette which looked to be stuffed with bacon so much that it was hanging out the side of the bread. When I got upstairs and unwrapped it however, the bacon on show was the only bacon. There was a layer of leaf hanging out and some very small pieces of meat had been carefully supported on it. A further inspection revealed the tiniest piece of chicken inside so that really I had chosen was bread n leaf. It was horrible. I have seen the misleading trick of making rolls etc look fuller than they are by showing what little filling there is with other less reputable traders, but never expected it from such a co. as this.

• Visited July 2014

Norwich
“Rude Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I often come to Pret at lunchtime to buy my lunch as I know the food is always good. Firstly I am very disappointed that the warm chicken jalepno wrap has been taken off the menu and secondly a certain member of staff (I believe her name is Maria) is very rude and abrupt and not just with me...today I witnessed her being rude to someone else banging on the counter to a customer because she didn't know how to put her card on the card reader to do a contactless payment if it was me I would have put my items down and walked out!

• Visited July 2014
Sunshine, Australia
“nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

popped in with a friend and had a sandwich and muffin. we were outside, wasnt overly tidy but was comfortable. sandwiches are lovely,

• Visited May 2013
Norwich England
“fab coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

My first visit with a friend for coffee and cake was so good that I went there again with another friend later the same day for a £2.20 salad. Lovely large cup of filter coffee for 99 p. Superb value. My future coffee stop in the city. Pleasant staff in comfy surroundings. Wonderful. Fast service too.

• Visited January 2014
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Consistently reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

What I like about this place is that the food is consistent in quality even after going here for years

A bit pricey for some meals but never had a bad meal in years of going

• Visited August 2013