“Tiny but great value and great food!”
Review of Finnie's Juice Bar

Finnie's Juice Bar
Ranked #124 of 835 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Norwich, England
“Tiny but great value and great food!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was looking for a quick lunch and was kind of aiming for another little cafe a bit further along the lane. I'd passed Finnie's several times and noticed the pizzas in the window, and hadn't really noticed at first that they did much else. But this time I just noticed (among all the flyers and posters stuck on the walls, windows and doorway), a sheet of paper offering Thai Chicken curry for £4.20, along with what looked like an African Vegetable curry. As I suddenly decided that Thai Chicken curry would hit the spot perfectly, I opted for that and went in. I originally intended to take the food away to watch some of the street performers (it was the day of the Lord Mayor's celebrations in Norwich), but the guys in the shop told me they'd got just enough left, and if I would like to sit outside, they'd heat it through and bring it out to me.
I thought this didn't bode well; it sounded like I was getting the dregs of something that had been left stewing all day (it was now about 2.40pm), and I worry a bit about something being 'heated through' - it suggests it has gone cold, and might not be heated properly. However, I sat on a rickety wooden seat roped off from the pedestrian-only lane, next to a wobbly wooden table. As I waited I watched lots of people in fancy dress or painted faces wander by (probably on their way to their floats for the carnival procession). The sun was shining, and after a few minutes my Thai curry was brought out, in a plastic container, and with a wooden fork. I was by now very comfy sitting there and watching the world go by, and the food container was full to the brim and extremely hot (ie., very well heated through)- not the easiest thing to eat on the hoof. So I stayed where I was.
The curry was absolutely delicious; steaming hot, authentic, and with plenty of tender chicken pieces, on a bed of rice. It was as good as anything I've had from a Thai restaurant, and completely and utterly hit the spot!
There were no bins outside, so I took the empty container back into the shop, and thanked the two guys for my delicious food. I asked if they'd be open the next day (Sunday) - with the celebrations going on all over the weekend, I suspected some places would open the next day even if they didn't usually. The guy who I'm guessing was the owner said that he hoped to be, but his wife was due to have a baby at any time, so he couldn't promise!
My husband met me in the city later that evening, having preferred to watch the qualifying for the British Grand Prix than to watch street entertainers all afternoon! He was peckish, and after looking at the various food stalls set up especially for the celebrations, I suggested we go back to Finnie's to see if they were still open. They were. There was one large pizza in the window, (olive and feta), and my husband decided that would go down very nicely.....so for £2.50 each, we each had a quarter of this pizza, which genuinely tasted like an authentic Italian one: thin crust, just the right amount of tomato sauce (NOT dripping with the stuff!), plenty of sliced olives and gooey lumps of feta. I folded mine over to stop it dribbling all over my face, and once again it was really, really good! I don't even like feta much, but I would eat this again in a heartbeat! Because the tables outside were full, we knew we'd have to wander off to find somewhere to eat it, so chose not to buy drinks at the same time as we didn't have enough hands free. But the guy gave us about a third of a cup of his berry smoothie and 2 straws, which was a really kind gesture and extremely tasty. There was a board outside offering a slice of pizza and a smoothie for about £4.50, which is ridiculously good value! The pizza bases are apparently made on site, and the people were so nice, I will definitely be going back - lots and lots - and will tell everyone who will listen to go there too. And as well as the smoothies, they do some really nice milk shake flavours! I can't see any reason to ever go to MacDonalds or Domino's Pizzas when there are such nice people making such delicious, great value food. A brilliant little place!

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Norwich, United Kingdom
“The best pizza in norwich by a long way !!!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

At long long last I've found proper pizzas in norwich, absolutely the best ever, and a reviving banana and ginger and other things too smoothie, absolutely fantastic, bargain price fresh fresh fresh friendly service too. I'm hooked

“good food good custom”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've been to finnie's many times, and always leave feeling full and satisfied. My favourite being the smoothies and curries. Always a good place to eat, or have a tea or coffee, and chat with friends.

• Visited June 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“You can never get bored of Finnies”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've been going to Finnies for my lunch for years and I'm never bored of what they have to offer. Reasonable price, great healthy food and juices and served by nice looking staff! It's great for a quick lunch or you can sit outside with your friends. Couldn't recommend it more, especially now that they've got amazing pizza made right in front of your eyes!!

• Visited May 2014
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“You're silly if you haven't been to finnes”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

So happy to see finnes is open after their refurb! Looking great and got my taste buds tingling more than ever! If you ever need a refreshing smoothie or made to order juice this is the place! Their selection of fresh food is delicious and includes a mix of different curry's, samosas and pizza by the slice. The service is so friendly, reasonably priced and reflect portions. Always my first stop for any lunch! Such a gem! Your missing out if you haven't been here before :) :)