“A Little Adventure in Itself!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sightseeing Tour of Olde Norwich
Ranked #8 of 29 Tours in Norwich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The iconic Sightseeing Tour of Olde Norwich takes you on a 5 mile tour of Norwich's medieval narrow lanes and streets in a 1920's Charabanc. This gives you a perfect vantage point to sit back and take in all the sights of the Lanes which are inaccessible to larger buses. Over the years the tour guide has won over many visitors with his extensive knowledge, wit, charm and humour and many have returned years later for a second tour! The tours start each day from the bus stop on Castle Meadow directly outside Waterstones book shop at 2pm each day in Sprint Summer and Autumn. We look forward to seeing you aboard!
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Little Adventure in Itself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ever wanted to see the city sights, but didn't fancy the usual open topped red bus tour? Well, this is the tour for you! A wonderful amble in the back of a charabanc, with a very enthusiastic and knowledgable guide, is one of the best ways to see places in a city where the 'Big Red Bus' can't get to. You don't just get the commentary, you also can read the handouts for most of the sights that are pointed out on the way. Different, and great fun! It certainly made our trip to Norwich.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Font of Knowledge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I spent the day in Norwich on 310714. I came across the Olde Norwich Private Tours on the Tourist Office website. Our guide had a terrific knowledge of the history of Norwich and his milkfloat/charabanc was able to access the cobbled narrow streets. He went out of his way to accommodate my personal needs, he took me to St Peter Mancroft Church and left me to visit Norwich Cathedral before collecting me to join his usual tour. An excellent ambassador for tourist Norwich.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was in Norwich City Centre yesterday with my five year old grandson and we took the opportunity to ride on the Tour of Olde Norwich. It was most interesting and informative and we also saw a lot of old photographs. The guide is a wealth of information and was extremely kind to my grandson. It was money well spent and I would thoroughly recommend the tour.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Friendly an informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I live in Norwich and had seen the bus travelling around the city. I was intrigued by the tour to find out the history of the streets I walk through every day. I had an extremely enjoyable time on the tour. The tour guide is extremely friendly and obviously very passionate about the history of Norwich. He also has fantastic recommendations for sights to see around Norwich. The charge for this tour is extremely reasonable at £7 per adult. I look forward to partaking in this tour again when showing guests the sights of Norwich.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Charming city tour by local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was an excellent tour by a local man who know's his city's history. He himself was the star of the show. Accomodating, charming and a good communicator. He points out Norwich's history, heros, heorines, villians, architecture and quirks with animation and passion. His willingness to adapt the tour to your own interests makes it feel very personal. Highly recommended.