“Faboulus week on Norfolk Broads”

Herbert Woods - Day Boat Hire
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Norwich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the Broadland village of Potter Heigham Herbert Woods is the perfect place to begin your Norfolk Broads Adventure.
Tel Aviv
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Faboulus week on Norfolk Broads”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We rented a boat (starlight) for a week from Herbert Woods. Everything was done conveniently online. Once arrived to the mooring in potter height we received the boat and a guided tour.

The next morning we started sailing around the marvelous area of the broads. The boat was in not new but in good condition.

Visited August 2014
awalker_12, Marketing Director at Herbert Woods - Day Boat Hire, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi Nirona,

We're so glad you enjoyed your holiday on the Norfolk Broads, come back and see us again soon.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A great time!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Hired the Superior Light for a week. Gorgeous boat. My 15 year old son took full control and loved every minute. Such a lovely way to spend a week. Boat was fab - can't fault it - apart from position of oven - seriously burnt leg on oven door when open. Boats full of stag parties spoil the tranquility but thoroughly recommend this type of holiday.

3 Thank MerylJane
awalker_12, at Herbert Woods - Day Boat Hire, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi MerylJane,

Thank you so much for your review we're glad you enjoyed your holiday on board Superior Light and I hope the Stags didn't cause you too much trouble. I will pass your comment about the oven on to our engineers.

We hope to see you again next year.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Boating experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Although our boat was from Richardsons, we did go to Herbert Woods for water and to moor during our time in Potter Heighman, the staff were very helpful and friendly.......looking into using them in the future

1 Thank candles22
awalker_12, Marketing Director at Herbert Woods - Day Boat Hire, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi Candles22,

Thank you for your review, I am glad we could help. We would love to have you on one of our cruisers in the future, just let us know if you need any help deciding which one. :)
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Helpful, not !”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We just wish to thank everyone at Herbert woods boat yard. Upon arrival there, having limped our small fishing boat to the BIG NAME OF THE BROADS.......  HERBERT WOODS  , we asked in reception if there was an engineer about who may take a quick look at our problem. Only to be told from the receptionist, we don't ! Not even a ok I will see what we can do,. Oh and also this is our busy day with change overs, so basically we only like to take customers money and really not bothered about helping or assisting anyone on the broads.
IN the lettings area next to Herbert's reception, again we asked the same question, and to my joy a gentleman, wearing a Herbert woods staff shirt suggested a marine engineer near by, only problem could not remember his name, or phone number.
Limping onwards Slowly, we arrived at said destination, only to be told they have ceased trading 4 years ago. ,

However, help appeared with the most helpful lady in the small shop at Womack staithe , upon hearing our troubles, offered us a cup of tea, and suggested giving Martin a call , oh and signal isn't great for mobiles, so please use the land line.  Martin said he would come and have a look, and fifteen minute later Martin arrives.

A quick diagnosis, need new parts, but I can help you out with a loan engine, and new fuel. Martin returned with said items, and took our outboard away, arranging to meet us and collect on Sunday. SERVICE and HELPFULL. A true gentleman of the BROADS.

As for Jenny in the shop again a saviour !

Finally, it is not all about making money ! It's about helping others sometimes and therefore promoting the broads and what joys it holds.
If your reception had tried or asked and not able to help then fine, but to say we are busy with hand overs, instead of writing our disgust with Herbert woods we would have be singing your praises. Instead I will happily suggest to friends and family heading to the broads to look for any boat hire firm EXCEPT HERBERT WOODS ! , !

2 Thank Keith B
Dear Keith,

I have looked into your complaint and I am sorry that we were unable to help you on this occasion. As our receptionist stated at the time all of our engineers were out on call and I am sure that you will appreciate that in circumstances such as these our customers have to take priority.

Regards,

Amanda Walker
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good break”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I agree with sue b (I was on same boat!). I would add staff and engineers were excellent. When we had a problem an engineer was with us in 30 minutes. My only negative observation is that sliding roof stiffness should have been sorted before we took boat. I accept however the odd thing is bound to slip through even in the best run establishments

1 Thank eureka S
awalker_12, Marketing Director at Herbert Woods - Day Boat Hire, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your review, I will be sure to pass on your comments about the sliding roof to our engineers. Hopefully we will see you again soon.