“First and last visit!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Myself and group of friends visited the restaurant for the first time as we love Spanish food. We left very disappointed and very hungry! The food was very average, nothing special but expensive for the amount you were given and the quality. We topped the meal up with bread and even though we made it clear that we were disappointed still had to pay for the bread. The waitress kindly pointed out that there was a kebab house down the road! Will stick to better other Spanish restaurants in Norwich in future.

4  Thank melanie b
casapato, Owner at Casa Pato, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We are very sorry for the bad experience at Casa Pato, we are nevertherless speachless with this review. We never have had a complaint on the amount of food we served. As many restaurants when busy, you could complain maybe about the amount of time you could wait, but this is very unsual at Casa Pato. Again, if you felt like so, I can only apologise for this. On the other hand, I think we were very understanding and flexive when you call 15 min late on your reservation time and ask us to change your table for 45 min later which wasn't very convenient for us but we made it easier for you and your friends because as you said when you came in, you all were late because you were drinking and lost the count of time, I think we were also very kind when your table was extremely loud and other customers complaint to us about it. We never said anything because we understood you were celebrating something and we needed to be flexible, again. I think we were also very kind when you left shouting at the waitress and dropping on the floor the jug of water you had left on the floor during your dinner. She spend quite a lot of her time cleaning the mess. We do understand people drink and have fun but we don't understand people being unpolite and rude.
Again I can only apologise for your experience but I think it wasn't the best from both parts probably. Anyway you are very welcome to come any time to us for a free coffee and maybe have a chat and start all over again, we have a extremely good relationship with our customers as this is a family business and they are the first for us.

Hope to see you someday.

Casa Pato

There are newer reviews for Casa Pato

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just visited this lovely little restaurant and cannot wait to go back. The food is all home cooked and was by far the best tapas I have had in a longtime. £9.50 for a mixed board with plenty of variety and was excellent value. We both had deserts which were not only delicious and well presented but were just £2.30 each, which I find staggering. It seems a fairly new family run establishment and my fingers are crossed that it does well.

1  Thank RobandCarrie
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My old Spanish A level teacher (Mr Barker God bless him) told us that Spain has the best coffee in the world and I have enjoyed café con leche on every visit to Spain since 1982. I decided if this café had great café con leche I would stay for lunch. It delighted on all fronts. The food was delicious and very reasonable, coffee fab, great location and friendly staff. Our party of 4 had ensalada couscous with halloumi, Malaga tapas board(gazpacho, tortilla, meatballs in tomato sauce and paella) and Serrano ham and tomato bocadillo (roll). Everything was absolutely wonderful and only £30 for lunch, drinks and coffee for four.

1  Thank Darcyfans
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great Sangria, great Tapas. Had a lovely almond cake for desert (forget the spanish name). Run by a friendly family.
Has also been recommended to me for breakfast so will be checking that out.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our first visit and we are looking forward to returning very soon!
This is a must try tapas restaurant in a city full of all the usual chains, it is so refreshing to have a memorable dining experience with delicious food and great service to match. Evoking the feeling of being whisked away to Spain on holiday Casa Pato has wonderful home-cooked food, very friendly and efficient service creating a superb atmosphere with great food.

3  Thank AbitoRossoRagazza