“Very poor fish in takeaway meal”

Rembrant.....Fish And Chips
Ranked #241 of 817 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor fish in takeaway meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Picked up takeaway cod and chips (26 Feb) for evening meal.
We have eaten there a number of time and usually the food is pretty good.

Unfortunately, the fish was very poor. My wife's cod smelt rather fishy which probably meant it was old fish. My fish was very rubbery and was grey rather than white.

If we had been eating in I would have sent both dishes back.

The chips were okay but a little greasy.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ashtreeman

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good ole fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Been many times and it's always good food and service. The Skate is fantastic, we would recommend this venue to anyone. I

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely great fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I lived in Norwich in Queen's Hill for a year, but for one reason or another did not get to this restaurant even though friends and colleagues had good things to say about it. As I was leaving Norwich I decided to for a meal with my wife.
The fish was fresh and the chips were nicely fried. I am surprised at a couple of bad reviews saying it was not fresh and was greasy. I completely disagree. The fish and chips were indeed quite fresh and not greasy at all when I compare with other places where I have had fish and chips. The young lady who served us was helpful and friendly.
The price was good when you take into account that it is a proper restaurant and the fare is very good.
The ambience is quite nice with a cottage like feel.
I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

• Visited February 2014
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to this fish restaurant for 3-4 years and sadly the standard had declined. The restaurant was very cold as there was no heating on and although there was only one other table occupied, they got out order wrong. There brought 2 meals to our table & said they had forgot to cook the 3rd meal and there would be a delay before it was ready. This totally spoilt out lunch as one person had to watch the other 2 eat their meal & then the roles were reversed.

1 Thank Jane1901
“the best fish n chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

myself and my hubby have been going to this chippy for many yrs now we also have many of our friends even going there now n even now my own nan n granddad come from kings lynn to have dinner with us at the restaurant here very highly recommended lovely people n never tight on their portions keep the good work up folks!!

• Visited January 2014