This hotel is easy to find and has plenty of parking with a couple of disabled bays located right next to the main entrance. Level access into the lobby is good but once inside there is a carpet ridge which is curved - this caused the front wheels of our wheelchair to catch a couple of times - pretty but not practicle!
Wecoming staff (as always) who provided a speedy and efficient checking in service. On this occasion, we stayed for a full week and I hate to have to say, but one female receptionist was quite ignorant and appeared totally disinterested. We saw her a few times and she did not acknowledge us once and on one occasion ignored us struggling with the door as she was sorting our her evening meal on the phone. All the other staff compensated and were always very attentive to our needs - one gentleman in particular, jumped from his seat on every occasion and came to assist us with doors.
We had to book the hotel's wetroom by phone as it is not possible to do this on-line. On arrival, I found it odd that the disabled parking bays are very close to the main entrance, but the wetroom is located a long way from Reception. This proved to be quite awkward as we had a lot of equipment to take to our room because of my wife's disability. We had to negotiate 3 firedoors and always had to request the cleaners to move their trolleys as we were unable to pass with a wheelchair. This was not a problem for the cleaners as they were all very friendly and helpful who went out of their way to assist us.
As always at a Premier Inn, our room was spotless and very practicle with plenty of room for manourvering a wheelchair. The beds are always very comfortable, but are also very low and my wife has great difficulty in transiting from her wheelchair. On this occasion, I requested the fitting of bed risers (elephant feet). This made a huge difference to our entire stay as she was easily able to transit comfortably and safely.
Whenever possible, we always stay at Premier Inn's simply because this is the only hotel chain that has a genuine understanding and interest in the needs of a physically disabled patron. Overall, another excellent stay at Premier and please don't be put off by the minor hick-ups we experienced on this occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get straight to the heart of the action with Premier Inn Hotel Norwich (Showground/A47), right next to Norfolk's exhibition and events centre. And with great transport links nearby, you'll also be well placed to explore business and leisure destinations around Norfolk. Catch the main event at Norfolk Showground. Throw mortar boards at the University of East Anglia. Or zip into Norwich and discover the Cathedral, Castle, shops and cafes in its vibrant city centre. After a busy day, unwind with a hearty meal in our restaurant and relax in your extra-comfy bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Norwich (Showground / a47) Hotel Norwich
- Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel Norfolk