and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This Premier was mainly chosen for its proximity to Norwich airport, but it was a very pleasant stay. Although the surrounding location was sited outside of town, and the traffic was fairly heavy, it was not too noisy.

The rooms booked were very clean, with fresh linen & towels, and good value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Isle of Wight, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed here while visting a friend in Norwich.

The cost of the room was a little over £50 as opposed to the city centre Premier Inn which wanted to charge just over £90.

The Premier Inn was very easy to find. The car park was well covered with CCTV and I was able to park my car within view of my room.

The room was perfect. Pretty much the same as most Premier Inn's.
I must say I was pleased that this room (105) had enough plug sockets for me to have the fan on, the TV on and charge my phone. Plug sockets are often somewhat lacking in these hotels but this one was brilliant, thank you.

Staff were wonderful and they were able to readily supply me with taxi numbers for my evening out.

Not hotel related but I first booked a taxi with "Green Frog private hire" who left me waiting 20 minutes and then phoned to say they had decided to send their driver to another job. Not good.
I then used ABC taxi's who sent a taxi straight away - I highly recommend them and reception have cards with their number on behind the desk.

If you need a taxi into town the Premier Inn is not too far out of town and my taxi fare was just £11 there, and £12 back.

I didn't use the restaurant as I was having an evening out with my friend so I cannot comment on it, however it looked nice from what I saw and the menu in the room looked very nice.

There is a Sainsburys very nearby in "William Frost lane" and a McDonalds.
I had to leave early in the morning so chose to pick up a very quick McD's breakfast as I didn't have much time for anything bigger.

Thank you for a nice stay Premier Inn.

Room Tip: There are roadworks during the night which can only just about be heard in rooms overlooking the car...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Premier inn hotels are streets ahead of other travelodge style hotels. I had a good welcome from the friendly reception staff even when arriving after 11pm.

While small the rooms were clean, modern and well appointed. It seems crazy to say aircon and windows that open seem like a luxury but after the last few hotels I have stopped in, they are.

Breakfast was both of good quality and had a good selection. The only negative was they advertised costa coffee with breakfast but there was only a flask of coffee available.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities at the Hotel along with your Breakfast in our Table Table Restaurant. The Coffee in the Flask on the Breakfast Buffet is indeed Costa, but you are always welcome to request a fresh Costa Coffee and the Team will be happy to make one for you when you have Breakfast at a Premier Inn.

I do hope you'll come back and visit us again when you're next in the Norwich area and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Fantastic premier inn with lovely restaurant attached , free wifi to so no need
to purchase from hotel . Staff were very friendly and welcoming . Would definitely recommend this hotel . Very close tore tail parks etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope we can welcome you back again soon!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is easy to find and has plenty of parking with a couple of disabled bays located right next to the main entrance. Level access into the lobby is good but once inside there is a carpet ridge which is curved - this caused the front wheels of our wheelchair to catch a couple of times - pretty but not practicle!
Wecoming staff (as always) who provided a speedy and efficient checking in service. On this occasion, we stayed for a full week and I hate to have to say, but one female receptionist was quite ignorant and appeared totally disinterested. We saw her a few times and she did not acknowledge us once and on one occasion ignored us struggling with the door as she was sorting our her evening meal on the phone. All the other staff compensated and were always very attentive to our needs - one gentleman in particular, jumped from his seat on every occasion and came to assist us with doors.
We had to book the hotel's wetroom by phone as it is not possible to do this on-line. On arrival, I found it odd that the disabled parking bays are very close to the main entrance, but the wetroom is located a long way from Reception. This proved to be quite awkward as we had a lot of equipment to take to our room because of my wife's disability. We had to negotiate 3 firedoors and always had to request the cleaners to move their trolleys as we were unable to pass with a wheelchair. This was not a problem for the cleaners as they were all very friendly and helpful who went out of their way to assist us.
As always at a Premier Inn, our room was spotless and very practicle with plenty of room for manourvering a wheelchair. The beds are always very comfortable, but are also very low and my wife has great difficulty in transiting from her wheelchair. On this occasion, I requested the fitting of bed risers (elephant feet). This made a huge difference to our entire stay as she was easily able to transit comfortably and safely.
Whenever possible, we always stay at Premier Inn's simply because this is the only hotel chain that has a genuine understanding and interest in the needs of a physically disabled patron. Overall, another excellent stay at Premier and please don't be put off by the minor hick-ups we experienced on this occasion.

Room Tip: This hotel has only one wetroom - you will need to book it well in advance.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time tio review and for your kind and helpful comments. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found it comfortable for your Wife's needs. I am sorry you found a couple of small 'hick-ups' but I do hope these won't deter you from staying with us again and I hope we can welcome you back again soon!
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and it lived up to my expectations. There was plenty of parking. The two rooms we had booked were ready on arrival and were clean and comfortable. I could find nothing to complain about in the double room and had a comfortable overnight stay. The twin room consisted of a large bed with a smaller lower bed, not quite the twin I was expecting, but perfectly OK.

Only two teabags were provided in the room, but, on request, we were handed plenty of refills of everything.

The Table Table restaurant next door where we had a late lunch was a pub style place , but the food was fresh and hot. Service was very slow. Breakfast was of the help yourself buffet variety for the Continental breakfast, with English breakfast provided as requested from the kitchen. Crumpets were a nice addition to the continental breakfast. The scrambled egg on toast from the kitchen was unbuttered, but was easily remedied with butter from the buffet.

All in all, this was a good place for a value-for-money overnight stay and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Welcome to Premier Inn!! I do hope this will be the first of many visits.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for your great comments. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Hello
stayed one night at premier inn showground, norwich. Hotel about 5 miles from Norwich and direclty opposite the showground. Beds are big and comfortable. The family room was big enough for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Reception staff were very pleasant. Only BIG problem is that breakfast is in the restaurant next door and they do a deal where 2 children eat free with every adult, SIGH! we turned up for breakfast and were sat next to a massive group of locals who use the place as a breakfast club and there were about 16 children and 8 adults and they hogged the toaster - so we got no toast, ate all the muffins, all the crumpets and we waited forever for our cooked breakfast - I really felt for the staff! this is a nightmare if you are in a hurry to get out the door!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your comments. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel, but very sorry to hear about your Breakfast experience. Please contact us direct at the Hotel and we will be happy to rectify this situation for you.

I do hope this isolated incident doesn't deter you from staying with us again and we'll ensure you're not seated next to a large family when you next visit.

Kind regards, Dee