Arrived Sat afternoon for a 3-night stay - first experience of a Premier Inn.
Room 125 was almost the furthest from reception but a nice surprise to see such a large room - must have been a family room - with a chaise longue sofa in the corner!
Good parking - which was one reason we chose it - but being next to the Showground the roads were very clogged on the Sunday morning due to a Dog Show event.
Best thing about the stay was a very comfortable bed, and sleeping was made easier by the fact that the curtains afforded a real 'blackout' and we managed to sleep in late in spite of the road outside the window.
Other room facilities all pretty standard but we did enjoy the benefit of not one but two fans - one freestanding and one desk fan. Find hard to believe that all rooms would have these.
Breakfast takes place at the 'Table, Table' restaurant next door - surely someone could have spent a bit longer thinking of a better name than that! We didn't eat there in the evenings, although it appeared to be busy, and menu looked like very standard fare - perhaps that's what PI customers want? However, don't waste your money on the breakfast. £6.25 for a continental breakfast sounds OK compared to some hotels but coffee was ordinary and croissants had just come out of the freezer - plus you had to mingle with families in tracksuits with a dozen kids. Better advice is to go 2 minutes round the corner to the Sainsburys Longwater store - one of the biggest in the UK - and take your pick of slightly fresher food in their 1st floor cafe/restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get straight to the heart of the action with Premier Inn Hotel Norwich (Showground/A47), right next to Norfolk's exhibition and events centre. And with great transport links nearby, you'll also be well placed to explore business and leisure destinations around Norfolk. Catch the main event at Norfolk Showground. Throw mortar boards at the University of East Anglia. Or zip into Norwich and discover the Cathedral, Castle, shops and cafes in its vibrant city centre. After a busy day, unwind with a hearty meal in our restaurant and relax in your extra-comfy bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Premier Inn and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Norwich (Showground / a47) Hotel Norwich
- Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel Norfolk