“Disabled room?!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Disabled room?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

There are three "disabled" room that this hotel, only One has an wet room, meaning if like me, you are unable to stand or transfer in and out of a normal bath and like me you phoned to check the accessibility but still get put in one of these rooms, you are not able to have a bath or shower. Therefore i would recommend staying in the holiday inn, which is 10 sec round the corner for a room which will be suitable!
The good thing was we did get all our money back right there and then.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank susan w
Whitbread-77, Social Media at Premier Inn Norwich Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I was most concerned to learn of your disappointment with your recent visit to our Norwich Airport Premier Inn.

Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that the incident will be investigated to ensure it does not happen again.

Most of our Premier Inn sites are equipped with full disabled facilities, including wet-rooms, though some older sites are still in need of updating.

I do hope the refund you received goes some way in showing you the committment Premier Inn offers to each and every one of its guests.

I do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future. Thank you once again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

An absolute great place to stay .Friendly staff in the Inn and in the resturant nothing was to much trouble .Thank you for a great stay

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed with my family, arrived late at night welcomed nicely at reception. Location is great to get to airport or into the city. Nice pub next door for breakfast

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at Norwich Airport Premier Inn for one night, after attending a family members wedding, and what a great welcome we got from the front of house staff at PI.
After arriving and changing for the wedding, the staff again were so helpful getting room ready for our early arrival.
The room was clean, and in a good presentable state. After a good nights sleep,....no late night noise as you might have expected at an airport.
One of the notable features was the bathroom, very clean, and the shower was the best operating shower I've used for a long time.... Well Done Premier Inn... a 5 star shower unit, temperature controllable and no blocked jets.... magic..
Again thanks to ALL the staff.... they did a fine job making our short stay so pleasing.
We will definitely be using this as I would say a 5 star Premier Inn again.
Thank you.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights at weekend as we were attending a friends wedding nearby.
Room nice and very clean fresh towels both days. Bed was comfy plenty of extra pillows too. Room had a hair dryer.
Staff on reception very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
We ate dinner in pub next door food was nice the usual pub chain food! Breakfast was really good though we paid for it when we made the reservation it did seem bit expensive for what it was.
Our only moan was that breakfast on the Sunday was a bit of a nightmare the que for the Buffett was long and they kept running out of food and juice but that's nothing to do with the hotel!
Would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants comfortable accommodation for few days break.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Emcraig
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

This hotel was one of several suggested to the guests of a wedding. We and several other guests stayed here because it was 10 or so minutes away from reception. We just wanted somewhere to sleep because we weren't going to be around for long. The heating didn't work and although it was early June, the weather has been so changeable and it was still cold so heating would have been jolly nice to take chill off air, especially when we first walked into the room. We had dinner at Brewers Fayre on first night as wedding was next day and we'd travelled for 6 hours to get to hotel. Dinner was better than expected and very good value. And cheap drinks! We had breakfast two days later on day we left and it was fine. We both slept well, though my husband had some trouble with getting comfortable with pillows which are pretty basic. But it is a budget hotel and we were there for a specific reason, not a holiday. I would never holiday in a Premier Inn or another budget hotel. Life is to be enjoyed.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank louisetasker
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I booked 36 hours before travelling so had to pay the full rate. The room was pleasant but the heating didn't work and although it was May, it was only in the 50's so I wanted to get warmer.
I was also surprised that the TV was an old style big box.
I was also dismayed when I saw there were no complimentary toiletries - soaps/bath hats/shampoo/conditioner. I've never stayed in a hotel where these were not provided. It's not a problem because once you know this - you bring your own. But if you don't know - you're left high and dry as I was. Fortunately the kind receptionist lent me shampoo and conditioner.
I'd also ordered a newspaper for the following morning. I didn't realise I had to pick this up at reception and as I was in a rush to leave in the morning - I forgot to mention it. I am used to having them left outside my door. Again, this isn't a problem - if you know.
The key thing is the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, it wasn't noisy either so I had a good nights' sleep - and that's the key thing. Oh - and WiFi was free but just for a paltry 30mins. However, I've stayed in bigger and more expensive hotels where you pay from the minute you try to log on.
Breakfast wasn't included in my rate (even though it was the top price) but if you do eat there - you have to go outside and cross over to the pub/restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family