“Good stay, brilliant value”

Premier Inn Norwich Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed here on two successive Saturdays when attending Christmas parties at another hotel nearby. Good sized, clean rooms but worth mentioning that the beds are very firm, which might not suit everyone. For one stay I only paid £38 on a non cancellable deal, which was brilliant value. Even at the £56 I paid the following week, it was still very good value. I was initially disappointed not to be able to stay the Holiday Inn where the parties were, but the Premier Inn turned out to be both better and cheaper. Usual good efficient Premier Inn service. Breakfast at pub next door was good, but than can be a long wait to be seated if you arrive at a busy time

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We have stayed many times at this Premier Inn and it never fails to give the best in cleanliness, warm welcome etc. etc. However, again the adjoining restuarant is a Brewers Fayre and I am totally not happy with the food. The service, however, is excellent, many thanks to Toni, the breakfast waitress who never fails to have a cheery word. This time the breakfast was not up to standard, the bacon was really hard and dry and the eggs looked cooked but the white was uncooked when cut. We are definately going to try and avoid Premier Inns with Brewers Fayre restuarants adjoining. Come on Whitbread, sort them out!!!!

Room Tip: No problem with any room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The room was cold on arrival.
Through the evening I heard lot of noise from the above floor complained and reception said there was a noise but acceptable.

The pillow (spare) had a stain on an were not used as did not look clean.

The chairs and sofa was extreamly uncomfortable.

I could not plug my blackberry in as the plug location prevented it.

The bed was uncomfortable an looked like the matteres needed replacing.

Noise during the night from people, doors, floors was unacceptable and I got woke up on a few occasions.

I had a meal deal and walked out from the evening meal and got a refund. I was not told the waiter service did not take orders, see my other review on the oakes.

If you do stay their is a small tescos over the road and another shop oposite them. Good value when the hotel cafe don't serve you!

Breakfast was ok.

Glad its all over never will return to this hotel. 2nd time I have asked for a refund.

A very poor premier inn and brewers fayre in comparisment to others used in the past.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank PRSGC
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Norwich Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this due to the noise disturbances you encountered throughout your stay.

Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Firts the good points: convenient location, good parking facilities, rooms were spotless (though one smelt of smoke which isn't the fault of the hotel staff just ignorance on the park of a smoker who thought no-one would notice i guess), bathrooms modern and spotless, beds comfy, choice of pillows, the staff were friendly and professional, the breakfast and dinner next door at Brewer's Fayre was lovely. However we booked interconnecting rooms which included room 23. Room 23 is situated next to the pump/plant room. During the day you'll notice a slight background whirr, like an air con unit, drowned out by kid's voices, the TV, general noise, but at night when all goes quiet the whirr becomes a whine like a kettle being boiled then every few hours revs up to he sound of an HGV idling, then returns back to the whine ... ALL NIGHT ... The first night we couldn't work out where the noise was coming from but when you put your hand to the wall you can actually feel the vibrations, right where your head should be when you sleep! The second night we took the matresses off the beds and put them in the interconnecting room (25) and all slept in there - not quite the weekend away we planned! The staff did their best, they went to see if there was any way of quietening the pump - there wasn't, and looked for an alternative room but they only had doubles and we had booked two triples interconnecting. They gave us a refund under Premier Inn's Guarantee without us even asking.

So if you're hard of hearing or a couple wanting a double room go for it, it's a great place to stay but if you get room key 23 refuse it or find somewhere else to stay, that room should be used as a store not a bedroom!

Room Tip: Avoid room 23.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Duechristmas
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Modern, Phillips flat screen TV with Freeview in the room, as you'd expect. Sadly no programme
guide on the handset. Hunting for CBBC for my grand-daughter by searching up, station by station. Found a halogen oven to buy, then a pair of diamond earrings on yet another shopping channel. Eventually - success! Successive receptionists professed not to understand or suggested I try the 'menu' button. Eventually the manager admitted there is no station guide available. Said ' it depends what you want from your hotel.' Luckily I paid a discount price, not the £55 internet price quoted today. Why doesn't someone produce a hard copy listing???

Room Tip: Top floor rooms facing Holiday Inn are quietest
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Airport Premier Inn is always my first choice of budget hotel to stay at in Norwich. The staff are really friendly, the rooms are always clean and fresh. Next door the food is good and the wait not too long. A big bonus for me is that if I am on business and my wife wants to accompany me she can jump on the airport Part and Ride bus that costs only £2.40 for a return trip to the town centre. With the bus park just a few paces away it is very easy even with a load of shopping!
In addition, near by is a small Tesco corner store and for a fast snack or good coffee a McD's

Room Tip: No lift so if any of your party are disabled always ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for your great comments and for taking the time to review. We're so pleased you and your Wife enjoyed your stay and the convenient location of the Hotel.

As our parking is free of charge to residents, its also very cost effective to use the Park and Ride facility when you're not working to go into the City too, there's some great sightseeing locations with lots to do and I'm so glad your Wife enjoys her shopping trips while staying with us!

We do hope we'll be able to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here for one night as I had a meeting near Norwich airport the next day. The hotel felt very clean, new, refurbished. Good size tv in the room. Would definetly stay here again. Ate at the pub next door in the evening, meal was fine and good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank snKits

Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us along with food and service in our adjacent Brewers Fayre Restaurant.

We do hope we'll be able to welcome you back again soon.