Premier Inn Norwich City Centre (Duke Street) Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,543 results
All reviewscar parkcity centremulti storeythyme restaurantst andrewsfree parkingone way systemnight's sleepfew minutes walkgood nights sleepbudget hoteleasy parkingexcellent locationmeal dealwe've stayedvisiting norwichall you can eat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on business. The location is brilliant right next to the centre of Norwich. There is a multi storey car park next door which is free to residents.
All the staff I encountered were courteous and helpful, they couldn't do enough to help.
The room was a standard double with plenty of room, a comfy bed and I enjoyed a really good nights sleep.
I ate in the hotel's restaurant and I have to say the good was delicious and very reasonably priced.
I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay near Norwich City centre.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Traveller99Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Good location. City centre, places of interest easily walkable. Friendly and helpful staff.
We stayed two separate nights. First room was to the front and I found it a bit noisy from traffic. Second night was on the other side and quieter.
The corridor leading to the lifts is a bit shabby as was the carpeting in that area. Over all a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Nice room, wonderfully comfy bed, well powered shower :). We'll be back.

The air conditioning unit was noisy per previous reviews, but it didn't bother us - just happy to have the option. My only bugbear was the towels - one bath sheet and one hand towel for two people might be okay if they weren't so thin as to be see-through. Rinse your hands and you've saturated the hand towel. It's only a minor grumble though.

Continental breakfast was excellent and good value too.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Typical Premier Inn standards but the restaurant is an added bonus. The rooms were fine, comfy and clean and for a big hotel it felt well cared for. The choice of menu in the restaurant was very good and both nights all of us in the group enjoyed what we had. The staff in the restaurant were lovely, though the bar maid was bordering on rude on the second night. Ideally situated for the centre and easy parking next door was appreciated as well. Would happily book here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have stayed at various Premier Inns over the years and are pleased with the brand. For the market they are i.e. good quality budget accommodation they are impossible to beat. We had a few niggles this time though ...

I stayed with my wife and our 2 toddlers. Staff were attentive, polite, welcoming and professional, from reception to housekeeping to waiting staff. The room was the usual Premier Inn style and was fine - clean, if a little worn in places. Parking is at a multi-storey a few minutes down the road; staff clear your parking charge so it is free. We ate breakfast in the hotel which was of a good standard and variety with the boys eating for free.

Air conditioning was however a problem. We had a family room with 2 z-beds for the boys. Having got them to sleep as the room got warmer we realised that the air conditioning was a floor mounted unit, not intergrated to the room. It was then that we realised that the staff had erected one of the z-beds directly next to the unit almost obscuring it therefore making it unusable. There wasn't really room to move the bed, not that waking a sleeping toddler is a great idea at the best of times! We tried opening the window but even on the 4th floor traffic noise was a problem. Moving the unit would have created a challenge also since the other electric plugs are strangely located so close to a shelf below that it is not possible to plug in anything with a substantial lead. A good few hot and sleepless hours followed ... as we finally got off to sleep at 3am the fire alarm activated and we had to evacuate (not the fault of the hotel but a fellow guest)! A poor night sleep therefore.

Although I have read comments about what people feel is the Premier Inn 'Great Night's Sleep Gurantee' gimmick in my experience they are true to their word. After many nights in different Premier Inn hotels I have never needed to exercise the guarantee but this time I felt it was necessary. An e-mail to the regional manager led to a prompt reply from both him and the general manager. My overnight charge has been refunded with 'no questions or quibbles' together with a detailed overview of what's being done to address the problems raised. In my view excellent customer service so thank you Laurance and Mark.

As before we will definately continue to use Premier Inn in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family