“Very friendly and good value”

Premier Inn Norwich City Centre (Duke Street) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and good value”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is very clean and conveniently located in town centre, with a secure multi-storey carpark 100m away, which Premier Inn pay your ticket for. So you stay in the centre with free parking for £35 and the room I had was huge and had a very comfortable double bed. The staff were great, a warm welcome, very helpful with local knowledge, ordered a taxi for me and helped me store bags, and a swift check-in. Onlye because I had other plans arranged, I did not use the bar or restaurant, but they looked clean and well-run. I was very impressed at what you get for £35 and I slept 9hrs --- never stayed in a Premier Inn before, and I was quite surprised it did live up to the Lenny Henry ad campaign. Out of the hotel and turn left and 300m in a straight line and you're in the heart of this very beautiful city, with restaurants, brasseries, good pubs and shops. Very good location. I'll stop now as I'm sounding like an advert, but I was very impressed, especially by the staff who all seemed happy in their jobs too and could not do enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Stalham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

quite side of Norwich and very close to the city center. Free parking in St Andrews car park. had a great night sleep. Clean and tidy rooms. Rooms are a nice size. Was great to get 4 twins rooms for a girlie night out. Great security of the building. have booked again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here with my daughter so that she could have a couple of days studying for her 2nd year exams at UEA without distraction. We had an excellent and very comfortable stay, in a good size very clean room, which allowed us both to enjoy our own space despite being holed up for the weekend. The staff were wonderful - extremely friendly and helpful throughout - assisting with queries before and during our stay in a bright, attentive and efficient manner. Breakfast didn't disappoint. It was well organised and the food quality very good. Again, the staff were excellent, constantly replenishing items before they ran out and providing extras with a smile. A big thank you to housekeeping who changed our room configuration from double to twin at our convenience and kept us plied with tea and coffee sachets throughout. Another plus is the Fabulous location, within close proximity of Tombland and the city centre providing an excellent base for tourism, shopping and restaurants (for those of you that are here to enjoy this wonderful city). The hotel delivered on every level. The only small gripe I have is that the hotel should provide free Wifi and breakfast at the price I paid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent stay for a cheap budget hotel. The hotel was clean, the bed REALLY comfy. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The road noise was a bit loud, but for £35/night I can't complain! I would recommend a room at the back rather than on the road at the front. We will stay here again if we're in the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seaford
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My first stay at a Premier Inn in Duke Street, Norwich was very good with efficient, clean and comfortable amenities, helpful staff and free nearby parking a bonus.
Located practically in centre of Norwich there was easy access in and out of the town for work and exploring the City in the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Surrey, England
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Husband and I on an overnight in Norwich area. We were bringing our boat by road from Dover to the Norfolk Broads for some work to be done! So I tagged along, much better by road than having to sail(!). Chose Premier Inn, based on TripAdvisor comments, and it was my first time in one. As a marketing person I was fascinated to see if the Brand personality lived up to the ads.
Warm welcome on arrival, and despite a queue behind, the young man offered me a map and to show me where the restaurant was that we were aiming for. But I decided not to hold up the queue! Room had everything we needed though I suspect my bad night sleep could not be the hotel fault, so did not test the Good Night Sleep Guarantee! The EXCELLENT score is for the Breakfast team. Sadly did not get names, but if the manager is reading this, credit the team who were on for Wednesday morning around 9am. Charming, fun and helpful! I was the cretin who overflowed the coffee machine, despite excellent briefing on how to use it! Really good breakfast, and the restaurant is attractive, clean and a good start for the day. I think we paid £92 for 2 of us with the full breakfast. Good security as we needed to swipe key at all access points. And the parking was not a problem with not much baggage. So, Premier Inn, excellent first experience, and wonderful staff who seemed to really enjoy their work and value their customers. Thanks.

Room Tip: Bit of road noise in room 402 with window open. But good views compensate.