“Great value for money, in need of a few small improvements”

Travelodge Norwich Central
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Manchester
“Great value for money, in need of a few small improvements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were able to park in an uncover car park virtually next to the hotel for £14 for 24hrs. We were able to check in on time and for five adults it cost us £50 for the night, a mere £10 each. The hotel is central and in a great location for the shops, castle and other activities within the city. I am a regular user of Travelodge hotels and I have to say it wasn't the best that I have stayed in however, our rooms were clean and spacious with everything that we could have needed. Yes it was warm and there wasn't any air conditioning however the windows all open and we were given fans when we asked for them. The rooms at the front of the hotel do overlook the road and it was a little noiser than the back which over looks the bus station. In saying that we had had an early start so we all slept well. The reception staff were fine but I have encountered much better within the same chain. This hotel is clean and comfortable but I do feel it wouldn't take the management team much to improve it further. One small comment I would make is that we arrived on a Sunday and it seemed the far end of the hotel had been cleaned which is where our rooms were however we had to walk through all the cleaning stuff, dirty dishes and borrowed ironing boards which were propped up all the way down the corridors, the doors were open revealing what a disgrace people leave hotel rooms in and maybe this could be reviewed? All in all it wouldn't put me off staying in this hotel again if I was just using it for a quick stopover.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the bus station if you are someone that struggle...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Llangefni, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

A very pleasant stay at the Norwich Central......very welcoming and helpful staff ....a lovely spotlessly clean room....... bed and bathroom......pipingly hot breakfast and plenty to choose from.......a good selection of food......and drinks. I cannot fault our stay there and would definitely stay again.......the Norwich Central gets a big thumbs up from me....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is great if you can get a cheap deal and need somewhere to stay centrally for norwich for shopping. Be aware parking is £14 so worth adding into your budgeting as some other central chains have free parking.
The room was spacious but no air con, and as the hotels on a busy road it can be noisy throughout the night with the window open, so maybe bear this in mind if booking middle of summer! We booked breakfast but if I went again would probably have breakfast locally as it was disorganised, little choice, didn't taste great and under staffed.

If your looking for an over night stay in central norwich and this hotel cones up cheapest (once factoring in parking) then I would book again as it suits the purpose..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed as part of a group. The family rooms were excellent, clean and comfortable. (I see on the website it has recently been refurbished). The food in the restaurant was great, plus friendly restaurant staff.
Reception staff ok, but have encountered much better.
The main problems we had were booking, didn't receive an email confirmation, contacted Travelodge about this who said they couldn't send another as it had been sent, yes but not received. After a week and loads of complaints it finally arrived.
Would definitely stay again as the hotel itself was great, I just wish Travelodge would sort their booking system out!

Room Tip: It is a city centre hotel, one side overlooks a main road, the other the bus station so isn't th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this room for 3 nights and could not be happier the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect enough space in there for us as a family of 4 (2 of which are under 2).
The beds are comfy best nights sleep we have had in all the hotels we have stayed in.
The location is great right above the main bus station which we could see from our window which we could hardly hear. And in the centre on norwich with shops within a 2 minute walk norwich castle within 5 min walk.
Lots to see in the area.
Only down side is the hotel has no parking but we found a cheap car park 5 mins away.

Do not be put off by people complaining about the heat and the windows in the hotel, yea it can be a bit warm in the hotel but it is not that bad we didn't mind it one bit as for the windows they only open a certain amount for safety reasons I for one am glad they are like that as I have a active 2 year old who liked sitting on the window seal watching the buses for me it was a relief as I knew he couldn't open the window and full out.
I highly recommend this hotel to people off all ages especially families With young children

We have stayed at other hotel that have a higher star rating and are completely crap compared to this we thought we was in a 4/5 star hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

There was no car park so we had to park in Chapelfield, which was a 3 minute walk away and cost us an unexpected £6.20, which the Travelodge would not cover. We had to sleep with the window open as it was so hot, but our room overlooked the bus station so we were frequently disturbed by buses and seagulls. The room, the breakfast, and the overall location in the city center was fine, however.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Takeley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay to see some long lost friends. The hotel staff were very friendly and polite. The hotel was clean and presentable. On the first floor is a bar/canteen which I must say is very good. My room was clean and tidy and smelling fresh too. It was cleaned daily. The beds were like new. Could not find any faults at all with my stay. It was a bit warm as it is summer.

People leaving negative star rating due to it being hot need their heads sorting out. You cannot Blame the hotel for the heat. I'm sure they would complain if it was cold rather than hot

Only problem is parking. There is a car park next door for 14 pounds for 24 hours or other hourly ratels as normal.

At the end of the day I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and I would certainly return again in the future

Stayed August 2014